R/C car people ITT

So I went and purchased a couple R/C cars this week, one on-road, one off-road and they’re both brushless electric. Brushless is effing awesome to say the least. I got an HPI Savage Flux and HPI Sprint 2 Flux. On the Sprint, I already tore one of the drive belts (I have a few spares on the way now, I think it was from the small stones/pebbles on the side of the road). The Savage is beast. I haven’t taken it off any big jumps yet, maybe 2-3ft ramps so far. I’ve talked to jdaniels so far about places to bash them around (the truck, the car is just too fast and needs a smooth parking lot), anyone know of more places?

Ever take it off any sweet jumps? :lol

Theres the guy out here, Cobleskill, that runs the gokart/driving range place, said he was making an off road track, and that they use the kart one for onroad sometimes.

theres an indoor dirt track in watervliet at the old KofC hall (its a hobby shop now)

i used to bash my hpi nitro MT in the baseball fields parking lot off fehr ave. in schenectady. lots of little natural jumps and shit

How big of a place you’re looking for?

http://www.acepave.com/index.html

I have called companies like this disguised as a potential customer wanting to see their work in person, asking if they have done any newly paved lots within the last few weeks. Fresh asphalt FTW

Some place a bit open, but dirt for the most part. I was thinking of your property, but it’s not very open.

LOL

Depending how far you want to go, there is a place down by Fierra Bush where MX-5 took me to ride dirt bikes, ton of open land/dirt/hills/jumps, etc

I’m down once I get more batteries.

if you are looking for a spare savage or a big full of parts (more or less enough to make another machine) I have one for sale AKA collecting dust.

Smart tip right here.

Nitro or flux?

I bought 3 sprints last year…one a drifter. I damaged 2 of them on day 1, but other than that, a blast.
Lets do this

Baller. I ordered 6 more battery packs last night, so once they get here and such I should be good to go. Also waiting on the new drive belts, cuz I don’t wanna risk taking it out right now w/ that slight tear on the edge of the belt. I wish it was shaft driven like the RS4’s.

I ordered a bunch of stuff today for the Savage to help bulletproof it as best as possible. Should be pretty fun.

At this point it gets annoying because I go through 2 things frequently the way I bash…

1) Driveshafts - EVERY FUCKING TIME I GO OUT I BREAK A FUCKING DRIVESHAFT (they are MIP X-Duty’s too)
2) Tires - I burn up a set of expensive ass pro-lines every other week. I’m switching to chinese welfare tires before I go broke.

nitro. i haz no idea wat a flux was until now. lol

Oh, and as soon as I get another driveshaft in my Slash 4x4… it’s on! I have several other cars/trucks of my own I will bring (and my cousin will bring his too).