R.I.P Blinky...

My poor ST-162 Celica is out of comission due to a slave cylinder malfunction. My dad didn’t feel like paying to fix it again, and bought a new Corolla. Right now I’m deciding between keeping it to learn how to fix cars on it or parting it out on toyotanation (or here… if someone wants celica parts for any reason lol) Oh well… I know Corollas are weaksauce, but so was my 87 Celica, so I’m pretty happy for having a new car now. That and I’ll only need to drive it till May 1st when Hayase comes out :slight_smile:

Corollas can be made to be quite quick. 20V or 4AGZE should come in those cars.

Well, it’s my dad’s car, not gonna be souping it up. Just driving it till my 240 comes out of the garage. Was looking at either the corolla or the civic, but didn’t want a SOHC car with no power that will cost tons to insure, so we bought a corolla.

What’s a “Hayase”?

probably his name for his 240SX.

is it just a ho-hum sedan Corolla or a GT-S of some sort?

dude thats the best avatar i’ve ever seen.

“i gotta have more cowbell!”

Yes, yes it is :smiley:
And the Corolla is about as ho-hum as you can get! It is the base model CE with the “B” Package that adds A/C, keyless entry & something else that I don’t remember. And since there were barely any manual corollas to choose from, we were forced to get it in “Uninspiring Silver” :smiley:

that Corolla, no offence, was one of the blandest cars on the road. absolutely no personality.

i have a fever…and the only presCRIPtion…is more COWBELL!

Honestly you should work on your 240sx instead of working on that.

That way you’ll make you more useful to this club and to yourself.

:stuck_out_tongue:
I actually got to drive it today, my dad came from work late yesterday and I was too tired to. The car has allrite acceleration, okay handling, is fairly comfortable and the interior looks to be very nicely put together. The biggest fault I can find with it, is the wheelgap. Holy crap, my fist is too little to fill out the wheelgap on this thing. It needs to be slammed and have drastically bigger wheels (Toyota, take notes!), but I won’t be doing it for obvious reasons… I’m broke and would rather put the money in my 240, the Corolla is leased, my dad would kill me, etc… There’s prolly more if I think about it. Oh. However, I will be making one expenditure on that car. My dad found it fitting to transfer the “Ricey Red” F&F floormats he had bought me for the celica into the Corolla. I’ll be spending the $20 or so to get nice clean looking plain gray ones to un-rice the poor thing.

Quoting yourself? :hsugh:

Well, it proves a better point than repeating myself, doesn’t it?

Oh, and I just drove it at night and noticed that the cluster lights up in a cool bright white, just like the bulb I wanted to swap into my 240 gauge cluster. I want to swap the bulb in even more now, the bright white looks WICKED 8)

ok then DEATH TO CELICA

boo hoo and all that crap

rip… now go drive the 240 like your supposed to

GT