R32 Rear brake conversion

Hey everyone,

I’m down in Australia right now and I just picked up some R32 rear calipers and rotors for about $100 CAD.

Now I’ve done the Search but can’t find out what I need, if anything, to complete the swap in the back. I’m curious if the calipers will bolt right up or is there a new control arm needed or a need for new holes drilled somewhere?

I’m doing the 5 bolt conversion so I can bring back some nice wheels I’ve fallen in love with down here. I’ll keep to the Z32 for the fronts since there are so many write ups and DIYs.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be sweet!
Thanks for your help.
Chris.

while your there you might as well get the whole e-brake assembly as they are hard to track down here and add up to just over $425 from the dealer (if I remember correctly).

the calipers bolt up, but I would reccommend a brake master cylinder Z32 to match.

^it would be far easier to take the entire rear spindle (upright) as then you would have the e-brake, rotor/caliper, 5 bolt hub etc…

You can press off the hub and press on the new one just fine, but as Darian said, you really should have the e-brake assembly, unless you wanna use a hydraulic line lock or something.

^ ^ You will need the entire assembly, the parking brake is a drum style setup as compared to the S-chassis where its built into the caliper. This requires the entire rear brake assembly to get it to properly bolt up.

haha, funny you metion that. I was just going to use a line lock to try to lock up the rear as an “Ebrake” or what not because I didnt have any of the Z32 parts @ the time but its also not street legal and also will not pass a safety inspection etc

but it would be neat to see

No line lock.
Well looks like I jumped the gun on what looked like a sweet deal. I’ll search around for the spindles and hopefully come out ontop of this.
If not, I guess I’ll try to sell and just do R32 all around.

Thanks for posting up guys, really appreciate the guidance!
Take it easy.
Chris.