Race fuel

as the topic states, where can you get 100+ octane around the albany area? :ponder

there used to be a few places but i dunno if they are still around.

why not just get some toluene and make some homebrew w/ 93?

i’d assume it would be cheaper that way given the price of fuel at this point.

i had a chart around here of the different mix ratio’s… i’ll see if i can dig it up.

Place in Rotterdam is closed.

Toulene/Xylene/LVD/SUNOCO off Northway (Forget where) sells gallon jugs of the SUNOCO 110.

Exxon off Exit 12 has Cam 2 which is like 106 IIRC

iirc sherwin williams sells the toluene by the 5 gallon. pretty affordable last time i checked too.

You can contact literally any speed/race shop around here as well, I believe Synapse is a vendor of some sort for VP or something, no idea…

hmmm… interesting, maybe i will opt for the 93-104 octane tune :nod

might take a ride out there 2nite for fun… boostin and travis should know,there from around those parts :nod

It might have closed…but a couple years ago someone told me there was a gas station way up Hoosic Street that sold it

malta exit 12… its a mobil i think, they don’t have it in stock yet this year. Synapse can get you some, but at this time of year its 10$ per gallon still. I’m just going to run pump till exit 12 starts pumping it again this year.

yep the place in rotterdam is closed, idk about the place on hoosick, mor power down in coxsakie still has it though

malta is good. last year it was around 630 a gallon. figure on 7-7.50 this year.

i am so happy that i don’t have any need for this…i would be broke in a Day!!!

its 108 octane…I know because I hafto run race fuel in my quad…VP racing is 110, forgot what the 112 one is called…but cam 2 is 108…and yes, Mobil (I think it is) on route 9 right before the rotary on the right near exit 12 sells it…dont think they are selling it yet tho…they usually start selling it when the races start in saratoga.

The Cam2 fuel that malta had was 110 octain when I got it last year. Also, the fuel nozzle will not fit into your car. You have to bring a container to put the fuel in.

The place I get my race fuel at is:
ABS Chassis
5469 Duanesburg Rd
Duanesburg, NY 12056
Phone: (518) 895-8894

I got a sweet 5gal VP container as well and they have several different flavors of race fuel.

Nick

I pay about $1 a gallon for windshield washer fluid. :slight_smile:

theres a place in amsterico that sells 100 octane and they’ll even let u pump it right inot ur car. just past dd on left side of rt 67.

malta is 110 and not sellin for another month go to v/p web site and order a 55 gal drum cheaper that way

i have access to 35 gallons of 112 octane “cam 2” right now for 6.75/gal… haha i love having access to a dirt modified.

malta will be selling in the next 2 weeks race is about to start.

having a modified is great there is always race fuel around. when my brother isn’t looking of course :ninja

HAHAHA

“oh, that, yeah that’s my fucking barrel of jet fuel, FUCK YEAH!”