Racing School, Racing License & Racing

So I was planning on doing this last season but I ended up spending my money getting another bike. So I am planning on doing this this season and I am posting some info for anyone who are also interested. :excited :smiley:

Penguin Racing School in NH offer a 1 day ā€œBasic Road Racing Courseā€, when completed, will grant you the eligibility to immediately registered for a racing license for a rookie race in the LRRS literally the next day. The basic course is $280, which include classroom instructions discussing bike preparation, riding techniques, flags, rules and track survival; and practice sessions. The school also offers bike and equipment rentals for the school and for racing; if you donā€™t have the means to trailer your bike for the course/race or you do not have leather. Just wanted to stress the ā€œBasic Road Racing Courseā€ is NOT a performance riding course like what those superbike school offers, they will likely provide some riding instructions like what they will offer at the normal track day at the novice level.

Hopefully I donā€™t sound like a salesman for them, so if you want more info here are some of the links. Anyway, enjoy the season! :thumbup

School: http://www.penguinracing.com
LRRS: http://www.lrrsracing.com/

Why would you want to get your license unless you are actually planning on doing compeditive racing?

Thatā€™s the point. :excited:clap

I think you got some money burning a hole in your pocket :lol

Itā€™s cool but itā€™s waaay too financially heavy.

I can barely do track days at it is.

:thumbup Itā€™s a serious contender on my list of things to race next.

I hear you man. :lol

Look, I am not going be at a financial level where the top guys will be in terms of bike prep and I am not going to race every weekend. I am going to compete at level where I am comfortable with both financially and physically. :clap

I am sure you will have tons of fun! not that racing cars are not funā€¦ :excited:excited:thumbup

Why donā€™t you stick to simple track days for a while more? Thatā€™s what I donā€™t get.

Dont listen to Buzz Killington here. Go racing.

I still plan to do track days, just throw in a race or two every season. Wonā€™t be actually racing this season other than may be the rookie race. After I got my trailer, may be a set of tires and a few track days; I am done financially for this season.

I blame my new boilerā€¦:banghead

Donā€™t even get me started on Home projects getting in your finances :lol

Iā€™m still trying to get either of the bikes into a functional state at the moment.

When are you getting a bike foo?!

do it. Personally seems like itā€™d be cheaper than auto racing for the most part.

I donā€™t have enough riding experience to do this, but Iā€™d feel far safer racing on the track than riding on the street.

:excited I hope you have $800 rear shock to match the forksā€¦:rofl

If you donā€™t crash or blown engine/transmission, tires and travel will probably be the main cost. That is if you run in ā€œproductionā€ type classes where modifications are very limited anyway. Building a class winning bike I am sure with be much differentā€¦:lol

I probably have less riding experience than youā€¦:rofl:rofl Thatā€™s why you start in Novice class.

I got a Gsxr stocker for the back I have to bolt up.

Fairings will be my major next issue, Iā€™m trying to see what bikeā€™s upper I can take to bolt up to the SV so I donā€™t have to make a custom mold and then go through the sanding. 1098/675 are top contenders at the moment.

But thatā€™s besides the point.

Once the bikes are fixed Iā€™d like to do ~2 more days this year and get that going right as far as transport/tools/gear/bike setup/skills/track time etc before even considering actual racing.

If that was a cheap shot at my ageā€¦you win :lol

Canā€™t be taking cheap shot at your age when you are probably younger than meā€¦:lol

You old farts!

Adam - any interest on getting into Moto Racing?

just say the wordā€¦ Im in

Whatever fairing you got, make sure it is designed to cover the lower fork tubes of your inverted forks, unless you enjoy changing fork sealsā€¦:rofl

Stupid thread makes me want to get another bike tomorrowā€¦

Que?