Real racing?

Road racing, not a track day where you signal to pass.
No if you slide or bump someoen your done for the day ect ect.
I want real racing, or atleast to know where they do real racing.
I dont want to have to build a 100,000$ car to be able to compete.
Isnt there soemthing like a track day where people bring their road cars, but can actually race?

:lol:

Just a couple weeks ago you couldn’t afford a $30 muffler and you think you’re going to go do real racing?

Real racing involves real money.

License
Tires
Dedicated car with real racing equipment (a cage, 5 point, a log book etc etc)

EMKay does it. So does Jeremy but I can’t think of his screen name.

couldnt afford a 30$ muffler? your out to lunch as usual.
Im just a penny pintcher.
I raced dirt and asphalt circle track for years
(both of which cost more than your gto per month)
I know what racing costs, I’m just wondering where its hosted locally.
I’ve got the daily driver, Ive got the hot rod / strip car.
I’m thinking about putting together a track car.

You’d think someone with all this racing experience would know where to find these answers.

Spec Miata

:cjerk:circle track is totally different. I wouldn’t expect a suit to know that.

sigh

Clink links in my signature…

:roll2:

on a $3000 - $10000 budget racing looks like this:
ITB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZivsA6ziSqM

$5000-$8000 Formula Vee:

$7000-$12000 Formula 500:

very few people take their DD to “real races” because real races cause real damage. ive seen people take their DD’s onto the track at ransomville for the “grudge matches” and wind up having to have their clean fox body or their wives minivan hauled back to the southtowns on a flatbed.

nothing like seening someone take their brand new car out on the dirt for some “clean fun” and instead their wadded up in the wall with no insurance, lol

meh, there are a few people that do that, especially in Showroom Stock since the only modifications are tire, brake pads, and safety equipment. There are a few IT racers that drive to the track too. I would assume that most of that crowd are well within the AAA towing distance.

hahaha
I seen a guy back a really nice nova into the fence at ransomville in the spectator races.

You sound like you know what you’re talking about. .

You also appear to be able to use this internets thing that Gore gave us.

Yet here you are asking where to find local real racing without specifying ANY standard or classes…

What am I missing?

Is it safe to assume that you didn’t find any helpful information in suggested links in Fairgentleman’s signature?

Is that even a burn?

some one is playing a little too much xbox.

stick to forza 2 champ.

may I suggest you go do some track days where you will meet people who are practicing to become real racers. In theory if you really were good enough and knew everything about track days without ever having gone to one then you could go to race school for a week and walk away with your license to race.

you can’t get your doctorate before you get your bachelor’s degree.

Or you High school diploma.

just karter is the worst forum member hands down.