Rally to be an event at the X-games 2006

http://www.rally-america.com/story.php?article=80

Mainstream U.S. exposure for the sport of rallying in the U.S!

ESPN will also carry Rally-America National
championship events :tup:

ugh

:tup:

:tup: soon rally will take over!! ok maybe it wont pass nascar but maybe, just maybe this is a baby step closer to a north american WRC event…

Its obvious why ESPN looked at Rally for the X-Games, but none the less :tup: I just hope with that much exposure, they’re gonna have a good setup for the Stadium Super Special.

Seriously its no mystery why the big push in america but it really is for the best.

I’m all for it… :tup:

indeed, Travis pastrana to do both? and win? ew weeeeeeeeeeeirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

I dont think he is near WRC calibur yet but im all for him whoring himself out to get more attention to rally.

He even admitted that during the Catalunia preview… He knows he has some ways to go, but he hopes to get there at some point.

i would like to see him try…he is very well known…and that would indeed bring a larger audition and create a larger fan-base.

…he is still good…and competes well in the stadium-like races of ultimate racing or whatever that world team rally thingy is

Good, VERY much needed exposure…well I guess that is until one or two more ppl get killed and it’s completely banned.

its interesting to see the progression of motorsports through the xgames.

should be good. now we just need a R.O.C event.

thats awesome…i havent watch teh X-Games ina couple of years now I will…

This combined with nicky grist attending rally NY should help WRC recognize that americans to in fact love real rally racing.

Oh God… Grist is gonna be at Rally NY??? I hope for our sake he’s only visiting and not commentating on the event.

And I have no problem that the publicity is due to Pastrana’s involvement. Like everyone has said, this is a much needed push to get people to open their eyes.

awesome, hopefully ralley will be the next fad and drifting will be left alone

edit: then again i can see drifting being in the xgames also :bloated:

I can’t wait :slight_smile:

Fucking right doggy

Pastrana is a fucking cool kid so all the power to him :tup:.

This is indeed good news. When I first saw the thread I was expecting it to be some sort of a joke with a gay link or something (only because I know the type of threads rick posts :p).