Rally in the xgames. is drifting next?

so i was reading through this months grassroots motorsports and there was an blurb about rally now being in the xgames…

i thought it was a pretty cool idea because in north america rally still is not that popular compared to europe.

this does though open up a spot for drifting to become a new sport in the xgames? in my eyes its in the same boat as drifting is in north america.

what do you guys think?

is it good or bad that rally is now in the xgames? would it be bad if drifting came a little later?

it is only time…

xgames ? its not really automotive so its kinda making automotive racing look like a teenager ‘anyone-can-start’ sport which i think isnt that cool, xgames

x games is so 1998

i could honstly see drifting in the x games. its one of those loner sports very few car about or know about. Just like freestyle motocross where they do the massive jumps. its really pointless but fun to watch. just like modern drifting. Plus if rally is in, then drift will be next.

I think it’d be kinda cool. Set up like a Gymkhana though? a freestyle ‘drift’ session would be kinda cheese and any monkey could do it…

it would be cool cause anyone can try out. but it would be centered around california still

its prolly just happening because Travis Pastrana is taking his Subaru Rally Career a lot more serious than his Motocross Career now because of injuries and age in the future to stay in the sport.

Pastrana Killed it in the Xgames.

I dont see Drifting really coming into play in a few years at all…