Ran the VE for the first time.

Just got back from the track. First timer here and it showed I think. Please let me know what you think of my runs.

First run was BAD!!! I ran a 15.8@95mph with a 2.409-60ft. I mis-shifted in second and my shift knob came off and landed in the rear of my NX

Second run was better. Ran a 14.6@97mph with a 2.353 60ft. I went up against a built teg with a JDM GS-R motor. ITR cams,head work,bolt-ons ect. He ran a 15.5@91mph.

My best run was a 14.365@98mph with a 2.323 60ft. I was up against a bolted G35. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I was pulling on him at the top end:eek:. I also had a friend that brought his Mazdaspeed 3 with a few bolt-ons. His best time was a 14.4@98mph It was his second time going to this track.

All runs I was running Falken Azenis at 22psi, I set the VVL at 4800rpm and launched around the 3500-4500rpm mark. I also stripped the NX. Im sure with better tires,cams and more practice, Im confident I could hit the high 13’s.

My biggest complaint is the lack of traction I have in first/second…she doesnt grip one bit(suggestions?).

What a great time at the strip!! Had a BLAST running her. I will post up the slips when I load them up. Im seeing 13’s next time for sure!!!

here is the best slip I have…this is the one where I beat the modded G35.

R/T-.542
60’-2.3
330-6.198
1/8-9.369@77.72
1000ft-12.071
1/4-14.365@98.07

judging by your mile per hour you should be able to run a few 10s faster and if you really want good traction get some slicks or even drag radials and then you’ll be in the 13s easy

thats awesome for street tires! i love your car ryan. drag tires will definatly get you into the 13’s, it may also cost you a transmission. drag slicks break stuff.

Thanks guys!

Ya I hear ya Terry, even tho my tranny was rebuilt with new parts…the 3rd gear should give out if driven hard.

Im eying 13’s next time for sure!

also watch for axles to go on drag slicks but u should be ok since you’re NA

Ya they are about a year old/new. I should be fine…but stranger things have happened.

a lsd would help put the power down better and cut alot of wheel spin.

I gots one. NX2000 came stock with a VLSD. Maybe I need a Nismo one.

nismo 2ways are the way2 go i always say. awsome diffs.

have you had it dyno tuned?

2-way Diff on a FWD is FTL…

Ya it was on a Mustang Dyno.

Ya ya ya…:stuck_out_tongue:

larger T.O.D. tires will improve the traction slip at low rpm’s as they will rotate a little slower (bad at tech talk on this subject)

but basically a larger TOD will
give better top speed/accel (at already high tire rotational speed) and worse accel at low rotational speed… (better traction)…

this is why funny cars have HUUGE tires on the back that expand easily when rotated to high speeds…breaking traction allows them to increase RPM’s to a point that he forces stretch the T.O.D. (tread, total outside diameter)

larger diameter tires have more ft per second rotating but the RPM count is lower = more tread on ground over 1 rotation AND that rotation takes a little longer, AND the higher sidewall will allow for a little more flex…which allows a touch more power before traction breaks

Hey great to know the VE is gettting exposure, didn’t know there were other VE guys around.
We have 2 ve equipped cars here that are pretty stock, just completed.
Sr16Ve and Sr20Ve
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/zac3ne2nr/Riworx/DSC_0037.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/zac3ne2nr/Riworx/DSC_0002-2.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/zac3ne2nr/Riworx/DSC_0009-2.jpg

Oh man, this game is pretty sweet. Why can’t more games have cutscenes that you want to see more of?