-Homeowner
-Selling Realtor
-Buying Realtor
-Selling Attorney
-Buying Attorney
-Buying Attorney’s Paralegal
-Mortgage Broker
-Mortgage Broker’s Assistant

And NOBODY is communicating with anybody else!!! My attorney’s paralegal (who is handling everything) just called me because the selling attorney won’t return her phone calls and she can’t set a closing date. I get a hold of the selling realtor’s cell phone number, call him up, and tear him a new a**hole. He calls the selling attorney and finds out the selling attorney set a date for 1:30pm wednesday but never called my buying paralegal back to confirm, so now she needs another day because the bank requires 3 business days to close, which the Mortgage Broker’s Assistant never bothered to tell my paralegal! Today’s not a business day for the banks, so if we set a closing date today the earliest it can be is Thursday or Friday! I’m leaving for a 10 day business trip to Africa and Europe on Monday!

Just talked to the paralegal again, who finally got ahold of the selling attorney who is an idiot and doesn’t listen to anything. He thought we were closing, while she had already told him she needs 3 more things from him before we can even set a date!

Anybody else think of an excuse to get a piece of the pie and totally f**k up this transaction?! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
[/rant]

I’ll be down that same road very soon. So I’ll soon feel your pain man lol

I had problems with the bank attorney when I bought my house, everything was all set to go but the bank attorney was lazy and delayed everything.

thats awesome. I can’t wait till I have to deal with that.

the old lady and i almost broke up when we bought a place. its the most stressful thing i have ever done.

and not only is it stressful, it lasts for fucking ever.

Yeah from what I hear it’s pretty normal and buying a house is always a pain in the ass, so it’s not like I’m getting extra shitty treatment or anything but it still gets me fired up.

I guess my paralegal just got ahold of the selling realtor and explained what he needs to do and when we can likely close, but I guess she had to beat it into him and the selling attorney. So it looks like I might get it done this week afterall, but I’m gonna be sure and call all parties involved several times a day if need be to make sure everything is gettig done.

Oh well, it feels good to rant.

Thanks NYSpeed! You really do have me covered! :tup:

Bahahaha I got so cranky dealing with all this shit that mine moved out of my apartment and back in with her mom! We’re still engaged and it’s all good, but we couldn’t take living with each other lately! :shoot:

Haha and I’ve had people tell me I’m the most laid back person they’ve ever met. Nothing ever bothers me, well, except incompetence and lazyness on the job which is what I’m dealing with here…

mine was a pain n the ass also…i bought it threw my parents as well. i wish it was as easy as buying a car woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
be ready for home repairs yeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Oh c’mon I went over this house with a fine toothed comb AND had a professional home inspection. It doesn’t need anything!

[/naive]

dont forget the pest inspection lol

Oh boy, guess I’m taking a gamble on that one…

I’m sure my dogs will find any varmints trying to live there without paying rent! :rofl:

wait till u have home repair… but welcome to the club

I still can’t find a home i like, :confused:

I still can’t find a garage I like… I don’t care much about the house.

:word:

My house is pretty cool. 4 bedroom, 1800 ft^2, 2 full bath, fireplace, big eat-in kitchen, big back deck, big garage that’s built more like a small barn (2 car but deep enough to still have storage/workshop behind the cars.) Almost brand new concrete driveway. TOT, walking distance (1/4 mile walk) to Tap Room/Yings/Mighty on Eggert. :tup: I’m excited, can’t wait to close!

your sig really worked for that one.
:violin:

:word: with a garage I like

wow…really…that’s how hard it is…hmmm

is it the same difficulty as buying a condo?

I’d bet buying a condo or a townhouse cuts out a lot of the bullshit actually.