Rant/legal advice!

So to start off, Friday I get an email from my gf. the email states how she got her zanax stolen out of her purse, the whole pill container with only like 4 left.

she makes a big deal out of it saying how she has panic attacks and she needs them when she starts getting nervous or what not. they sent her home that day due to how pissed off she was and getting closer and closer to having a panic attack.

So she goes into work on Monday, starts her work and then gets called into the office.

next thing you know I get an email saying, “I just got fired.” no explanation or anything

so I call her up to find out that she was just fired for distribution of narcotics. I instantly froze up and started questioning her.

She would never sell or give these out to anyone unless they had a prescription for this

Is their anything we can do to take care of this bullshit. she would still like the job back due to it being a job, and a having a way to work (due to her car taking a shit and someone working with her there that she got rides from)

can you just fire someone from word of mouth about someone selling or passing out a prescription drug?

what really pisses me off, is hearing from another employee there, that one of the managers is a pill popper and apparently has been crushing zanax up and snorting it. this same manager came up to my gf that Friday and asked if she had any zanax she could give him, and that he had a prescription for it, but thats when she found they were stolen from her purse.

anyways, is their anything I can do to help her. legally or anything?

It is NYS, they can fire you for ANY reason, especially suspicion of illegal activities.

but how does that go together, she needs to go to the hospital to get any prescription due to not having health insurance, so that means a few hundred $ for her just to get a new prescription, she bitches because someone steels them, then she gets fired for handing them out/selling them? doesnt make any sense

true story … NY is a “at will” state

why does she not have health insurace… there is so much out there … no one in eire/catt/niagra county should be with out … if she does not have it means she did not try

if you need help on how to get her ins …pm me

Ugh. She is prolly bringing the panic attacks on just by worrying about panic attacks.

whether the drugs are legal for her to have or not, she can still be illegally distributing them. If they suspect that, they can kick her to the curb.

she must know JEG

Maybe she got canned because she’s an unreliable employee who had to leave early due to freaking out. With the amount of people looking for jobs, I’d look for someone more stable too. :lol:

She should start by trying to talk to someone well above her manager. Depending on the size of the company that might be the head of HR, or if it’s just a small place possibly even the owner.

Assuming we’re getting the entire story (which is almost never the case with the internet) they screwed up by telling her she was fired over the drug thing with no proof. They don’t have to give cause, but once they do give cause I’m pretty sure legally it needs to be true. This is based on my experience with former managers/owners who were trying to get rid of people.

If she wants to contest it, she needs to go STRAIGHT to Human Resources.

If you have a panic attack thinking about yourself possibly having a panic attack I’d fire you too.

The only thing you can go back on getting fired from in NYS is if it is based on race or sex basically.

I would try to say she is of the crazy broad race and you fired her for that.

yes you are correct if they give a “reasion” why they fired you they need to be able to back it up

how long was she there can she get UE?

Tell her to get some opiates off the street, it will help with the anxiety. Otherwise WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU CARRY AROUND AN ENTIRE BOTTLE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WORTH REALLY GOOD MONEY???

Sorry for being a dick but seriously, I would put what I need for the day in my bottle or an extra one and keep the rest locked up and safe at home. It’s not even about them getting stolen, what if you lose them. At least you won’t be SOL on a whole script.

Another huge question, did she report the stolen drugs to the police? That’s someone a person who wasn’t dealing them to co-workers would do, and would greatly help her case when going to HR.

she was starting to have a panic attack because of stressing out over shit going on at work and people steeling out of her purse.

as for health insurance. her whole family is on medicare but for some reason, after they got approved and she lives with them and went and filled everything out, she apparently didnt get insurance, they told her when she asked again why she didnt get it, she needed to fill it out again. shes been trying to get back to do it but hasnt had a chance yet.

also as for her job, she had it for 2 weeks, and never left early or anything like that for any reasons. she was actually doing really well at work to. then this shit happened out of the blue, and i know my gf and i know she would never sell or hand them out.

she only had 4 left

edit: the most she was ever given was like 10 or 15 at a time anyways.

and she reported it to the managers and sup.

:picard: for giving someone a reason with no proof to fire them when they’ve worked there 2 weeks.

“Hi, it’s inside 90 days, you’re just not working out, goodbye”.

It was only Friday, if I were her I’d call the local PD and file a report about the stolen drugs. Then use that when she talks to HR.

what if she was to call the cops now and report stolen drugs, say that she didnt report it right away due to reporting it to everyone at work and being told nothing would happen because of no cameras, then if she states she got fired the next day of work for handing them out/selling them?

medicare is only for people over 65 or people that are not able to work … if he parents have that this means she is over 18 and a big girl and should look for her own shit … like i said she did not even try… if she is under 18 she should be on medicade (or child help plus) this is what it is there for …

I beleve she can not call the cops anymore b/c its over 48 hours (dont know for sure)

she should still call them and ask them if she can file the 4 pills stolen

she will probley not get her job back at that place nor would she really want it

if she is this crazy …she must be a good fuck … so you need to look at what is going on and ask your self if you can deal with it for the long term

Am I the only 1 that finds it strange that he and his girlfriend EMAIL each other?