RB20DET no start

Alright dropped my RB20 into my 240 this week and there is no spark. My ignitor is fine and so is my cam angle sensor as they worked on my friends skyline. I am getting fuel as well and the only thing not hooked up is my MAF as I know it will run without it and I haven’t cleaned it yet. Timing is also fine. The two green relays on the harness though do not click when the key is in the on position. I’m completely stumped as to what to do, because no coil packs are getting spark.

Would appreciate if Chris and Brendan would chip in on this one.

did hook up the battery? lol

ps congrats on getting it in

Ummm I don’t know did I? It’s the big rectangle black thing right? With two dick looking thingys pointing out?

And thanks man, you’ll have what I owe you soon. :slight_smile:

If you have the R32 relays wired up and they aren’t clicking on then there’s something wrong with your wiring… I can’t really give you any more insight than that without looking at the harness.

i had the same problem. did you hook the harness up to the big white wire coming from the pass. side fuse box? that powers those relays.

I did not do much on/with the wiring. Was just really the bitch when it came to that.

I do re call however. That I am only running ONE green relay in the car. Due to the fact that one relay was over riding the other. (pre-wired into the s13) When the one would should off, the other would turn on…leaving my ecm on all the time.

We also forgot to wire up the…the fuck was it called…uhhhh, cold start signal wire. Made cold starts much MUCH MUCH better.

Hope your running BKR7E’s. Be sure your grounds on you coils are attached. One goes with the igniter, the other on #6 coil at the very back (firewall side) of the head.

If all this fails. Re-trace your wiring.

Not sure if you wanted me (Chris) or the other Chris. I forget his SON name now. Bah.

Let me wake up, I’ll have more ideas soon.

Best of luck.

yeah, those relays should click if not you wired something wrong… what “how to wire yourself” lik did you use… and is the light coming on, on the ecu when you turn the key?

yea which chris you wanna talk to??? me or the other one… lol… any questions hit me up by pm fastest reply since Ill catch it on my Black berry

Well. I did assume he is getting fuel due to his description. C.E.L would be coming on.

Check it anyways. KOEO. Light on?

Hey, a reliable source did my wiring, done upwards of 25 of these harness in 240s. I wanted either Chris to chime in, as I know both of you have done the swap. As for the connectors on the pass. side, I only plugged the dash connector in (one for ECU on, Tach, Temp Gauge and Speedo. Does the other why connector lead to anywhere (it’s near the two green relays).

I’m not sure what your asking really.

But the car needs one of the green relays inside to power up. Otherwise your car will not run/start. it will crank, that’s it.

Does your C.E.L come on when you turn the key on?

Okay car runs now but off an RB20DE ECU, I need an ECU guys, anyone got one laying around?

Who’s you buy the motorset from? If the ECU was supposed to be good they should do something about it.

TorontoJDM, I already shot them a PM, if they do not do anything about it, I am in the market to buy an ECU guys. Thanks for all the help!

They should replace the ecm no questions.

They will… i had to replace my igniter/ecu and some other random clip and they replaced it with a good one no hesitation, no fail.

Yeah but my 30 day warranty is up for the longest time now.

i had my motor start two months after i bought the motor from them… they still treated me with high priority and made sure I was on my way.

Alright, thanks once again Kengi.

Okay car runs mint! Except it won’t rev past 3000 RPM, I have no MAF pigtail and I NEED one asap as that’s my problem! :frowning: