RB20DET problems.

1. Since the accident, i replaced the intake side timing gear, and to do this i had to remove the crank angle sensor (i beleive it is) now, i just put the sensor back on without really caring about the orientation of the sprocket on the back side of it, but i put it on so it would fit. Now i’m having some problems, while driving the car has 0 acceleration, and barely moves at all while in gear (auto). Could this be related to that sensor? any ideas?

2. At the time of the accident i had my hand on the shifter, and on impact i pushed the shifter from drive through neutral and into the reverse block, i think i threw off my sensor because even the digital display shows that im in the wrong gear (put it in drive, digital shows neutral or reverse, put it in 1 shows drive, etc) so therefor i cant get the car to detect that its in park even though i can get the shifter to the park position… any ideas? i hope its just a sensor.

3. HOW to bleed the power steering lines? my pump is cavitating at times due to the air pockets.

4. And finally, i have a sequential not a bov, yet if i rev hard i hear a huge blow off, but only here and there, im thinking my power steering blew one of its hoses due to the air? because it wont do it anymore… gRR …

if anyone has any ideas of what i should check let me know, i will be tearing the turbo hoses out tommorow to check the pump, so i can do other things as well.

also, if anyone knows of any shops in edmonton that have skyline experienced technicians that can help me out, let me know.

Thanks guys.

Yes, it will effect your car. I bet the timing is off.

Probably just a sensor. Have a look at a FSM (top of page, there’s a sticky)

do you have HICAS, if so look in the FSM again. If not just jack up the car and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock with the engine running

And this is where i loose you. I have no idea what your saying

And go to autodream in calgary. They are no good shops in edmonton that are great with skylines.

1. Who can do my timing for me? i havent a clue how to do that stufff

2. I have a stock rb20, but i heard a blow when i was just into boosting range, at maybe maybe 2-3psi, revving in neutral, hear psheww but REALLY loud, but im going to check my turbo hoses and make sure their all tight, and not cracked or anything, im sure thats all it is.

those FSM’s really stink, mostly rb25

Does the skyline have more than the 2 fuse boxes? 1 under the steering wheel, and the one under the hood?

also, does vehicle power route through the starter before anything else?

hey man, just call me tomarow on my cell. I can help you with all that and timming is pretty damn easy. Im hoping to be up thre again on wednsday so I can help you out then if you still need.

<----
l
l
l

boing boing lol allen… good work

LOVe that avatar! Just cant view his posts while at work… lol