RB26 in a 300zx

Seems like a dumb idea, but whatever… just thought the infamous Mr. Popcorn, and Shortez can get jollies off this prospect.

Teaser video.
http://www.photodump.org/stored9/SPEEDANDSOUND.wmv

Link to site (Weird forum)

Cheers!
–Gabe

very nice…but theres noooo sound!!! :frowning: …im not sure if thats sumthing id do tho…i was thinkin wat it wud take to ship in an rb26dett …but is it worth it

Check your codecs… there is sound!

yeee i like it tooo…it sounds very nice…:R

maybe cuz im on mac …sumthin not workin ?

but about the swap…heres some stuff comparing the vg30dett and the rb26dett
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=93232

These are 2 engines both tuned by the same company. They equipped both the VG30DETT and the RB26DETT with identical turbos, TD06-20G-L2 8cm.

With these identical turbos, the VG30DETT made 746 rwhp @ 6550 rpm, and 865 ft lbs of torque @ 4550 rpm, while the RB26DETT made 759 rwhp @ 7820 rpm, and 543 lbs of torque @ 7000 rpm.

damn vg is a torque monster compared to the rb

the slightly bigger displacement can account for that

yea…but not always a good thing

nah torque is like sex u can never have enough of it…girl what r u still doing up its 1 30 am lol

hahahaha, thanks BMWWW
I’m part of twinturbo.net. I look every day but I guess I must’ve overlooked this one. Probably because the link is so small.

AHHHHH MAC!!! :confused:
I went with dubv to a place and they had a million and one RBs for sale there.
Their back “warehouse” has all sorts of engines, front clips, etc.
A front clip for a skyline GTR R32 is $6000+
Still that’s something I would never do. RBs are heavy and much longer than the VG. Extra weight would be hanging forward and it would throw off the balance, plus I don’t like driving my car at 6K+ RPM every time I drive it.
Single exhaust??? The VG sounds amazing

well then haha if u say so…lol …im up because my sleeping pattern is a little messed up…wat r u still doin up …jeeze

lol i guess we both for messed up sleeping patterns cuz i have to get up and to go work at 6 am and thats in about 4 hours so yeah im in trouble

eek that sucks…i dun work so i dun gotta worry but tomorrow…or rather today…i gotta get up early to take my car for tints…and to take my speeding ticket to this traffic ticket place

yeah ill call in sick **** it its only part time anyway im working tomorrow 6-2 am at my other job so its all good, tints yeah ur car will look a lot better with them just dont go all ricey and get like red or that 2 tone silver tint
u got a ticket? how bad they got u?

lol good work…omg no i wud never ever get that coloured or frosted tint…i hate it…im going with 15% …and on my t roof im gunna put 5%

aahh well he got me doing 140 on the 407 on the way home from the meet…the ticket is for $295

nice post up pictures after u get it done
so 40 over damn $300 and 4 points? fight it lol

i def. will get some pics…lol yea im fighting it forsure…i dunno how many points i got…but my friend refered me to some guy in vaughan who faught tickets for him…so i sure hope he can atleast get the points removed for me

yeah and if its ur first offense u can just go to court and fight it urself take option 3 guilty with explanation and if u got a good story it will get droped down to 2 points or maybe ull just have to pay the ticket
i got caught speeding 2 times first was 33 over and second 25 but both times i got lucky and the cop lowered it down to 15 which is only $52 fine no points
anyway we r getting off topic any1 swap a VG30DETT or RB into an altima? i’ve seen that VG35 into a sentra so i guess it can be done in a 2 gen altima too?

lol no its my 2nd speeding offence…so id rather have sumone fight it for me and not take the chance myself…cuz the cop followed me nearly from scarbs…all the way till vaughan past the 400…soo he saw wat i was doin…and i was definately not staying with the traffic…i was passing all the traffic