RC car Nitro VS Electric

Give options on Which is a better RC car nitro or electric http://shift518.com/images/icons/icon3.gif

Depending on what you want out of them

Clearly each has their own +/-

Cost
Setup time
Potential
Longevity
Ease of recharge/refill etc

There are pros and cons to each, just like banging a black chick for bragging rights.

If you’e looking for something just to bomb around in, yet still have a generous amount of fun, I’d recommend a brushless stadium truck. Quick, multi-terrain capabilities, and can be re-charged and re-used just like a Las Vegas hooker (only without the risk, unless you’re a retard and choose to charge the battery in your bathtub or other insanely idiotic environment).

I see the cost being almost the same for both I personally think that nitro is a better choose over all there is a lot more you can do with nitro but i wanted to see what other people think over all

It would be sick if we can make a track and put a couple people together and see what they can do

really thought this would be another Top Gear clip thread

Sounds like you already have your mind set.

What exactly can you do with nitro that you can’t do with a brushless? Drink the nitromethane?

electric > nitro
instapower FTW

ill sell you an HPI nitro rs4 with controller for 60 bucks

audi a4 avant body, rear exit stinger.
It hasnt been run in years, so the motor is gummed up.

edit: vlad PMd me for dibs :lol
sold

With the nitromethane you don’t have to wait to charge the battery and i just think its cooler just hearing a engine run and having the tune-ability

i agree the good thing about electric is you have the instant power but what happens when your batteries dies down??:haha

How long are you going to run it for? Buy a couple of batteries and charge them in rotation. Problem solved.

Nitro gets annoying after a while, especially if you plan on driving the thing up and down your street.

Ive had my nitro for 2+ years.

Haven’t gotten all the kinks out yet and never ran it.

That’s nitro for ya.

I have several of each and I will tell you that electric is the clear winner. I order batteries from hobbyking.com so they are dirt ass cheap, infact, I bought 4 batteries for the cost of 1 gallon of nitro fuel. You cannot beat the power of brushless motors, especially when combined with lithium polymer batteries.

Fuck nitro, it gets old real quick… don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy mine occasionally but it pales by comparison in every aspect AND you can run indoors.

I was really thinking about getting an RC18B2, I love 18th scale electrics.

THIS
+1

bought the 18t2 its pretty nice. i only got to use it once so far. i still need to break it in, then slap on my mamba setup:number1

Seems electric is winning.

Agreed brushless all the way. Nitro is cool, but carting all the crap around and the mess get’s old quick.

Nitro cars get very dirty very fast. And the shit gets into all the little places that are almost impossible to clean.
I’m considering getting an HPI rs4 drift myself.

Damn… Seem like electric is FTW i guess nitro is getting old http://shift518.com/images/icons/icon9.gif