RC Car Thread

Science and hobby has a clay banked oval

^ I have a friend that runs on an indoor oval, wonder if thats where it is. Love your elec car, looks the business.

Jim, youre making me want to build a similar one, I keep looking at those pics… I was all set on a 4x4 SC10 for my next kit. Got a few cars I want to get rid off soon, if anyones interested Traxxas Slash 4x4 w/ Mamba Monster brushless with almost full parts truck, 1/14 Duratrax Crawler, 1/5 5B Clone needs tires, maybe couple others lol I only really want to keep my Team Associated stuff I think. The 1/18 scales are my favorite. Heres my three running ones on my ugly sofa;

RC18T, RC18B, RC18B2 Brushless (Last one fucking moves!)

Racing only or can u pay and use the track? Competition Hobby used to have a track but idk if it is still there

Schweeeeeet:

http://www.competitionhobbysupplies.com/Speedway.htm

Still there, $5/hr! I wonder if they allow nitro lol

Get an Axial SCX10 or Wraith. If you go brushless you’ll destroy the front and rear lockers and transmission if you have stock pieces. I’m running all 32P gears and all metal gears in the trans and spur and pinion in case I decide to go brushless.

Got the SC10B today, perfect. Really like the look, glad I went with this over SC10 truck, even though its basically the same. Radio only needs 6aa so thats cool, but the sealed radio box is awesome. Going to take most of the panels off, and go for just the cage showing. Like on the side of the box. Might get some lights, it came with a 3ch 2.4ghz radio, so that will be super simple. Probably put them in the front bumper, as it is almost completely open to the steering parts. Or putting a panel there, something to fill the opening. The factory body is pretty neat, clips into the chassis where the nerf/side bars are on the truck version. Even has a little driver lol

That’s a cool little buggy! I like how there getting more detailed.

^^sealed radio box is nice until you open it. Putting the seal in while trying to re-close while in a hurry at the track sucks. haha

Updated pic with the new body

anyone have anything on road for sale really cheap? im trying to introduce the girlfriend to cars. baby steps.

Nitro HPI RS4.

Runs…needs to be fine tuned.

PM me if you are interested.

I took the driver out and it looks even better, and way more air flow.

I bet lol

I have a tc3 roller, needs diffs motor esc TX/rx… It’s really beat up

Pics of said girlfriend or she doesn’t exist.

then believe she doesnt exist.

ReDevil- interested in the TC3. price?

It looks really dirty and shitty in pics, but its not that bad. Rear diff outdrive is broken, but I have a NIP set for it. I got this with some other RCs and havent really gotten to taking it apart. Diffs could be fine, or roached really not sure, they seem alright when turned by hand. CF driveshaft lol You can have the esc too, pretty sure its this one (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXAXT7&P=8) Looks like HPI shocks, because theyre purple. And tires are decent. Not sure how into Rc you are, this is going to need servo (~$8-25) motor ($10-30+) body ($10-40+) and battery/charger… otherwise it should be all there. $40 sound good for it?

$40 sounds good to me. im not into RC at all. kinda trying to break myself into it and my gf into cars in general.

if you guys are still looking for a place to race we run sat at racing city hobbies in south glens falls we run some oval stuff short course trucks 2wd buggys and a vintage trans am class and there is also an offroad track in clifton park that will be opening back up in another month or two its behind bensons pet store

nice edm what chassis is it. i want one bad are you going to run the wdra race at racing city hobbies

Finally got back into the hobby. Picked up a traxxas revo 3.3. Still waiting to see how this rc kinetic track is when they open. I want to race, not just bomb around in a parking lot.

Anyone go to victory lap in duanesburg?

i wouldnt hold your breath waiting for kinetics to open its been almost a year and a half now but theres an offroad track behind bensons in clifton park they should be starting soon there going to be cleaning it up and extending the drivers stand this friday