Re: Corey Bashing

Hi. I really, really, really, had no idea as to anyone’s sexuality preference, and in no way meant to condone any type of bashing like that.

I was in fact just making fun of Walter…

If anyone took it any other way - i am sorry. But really, I was laughing at no one other than Walter. AT him. At his pictures. I didn’t even realize that Corey was pointed out in the thread until I read the topic again for the 5th time.

I think a lot of us missed some stuff - and when it was brought out - it was kinda like a bomb, because I re-read everything in the thread in the newfound light that was shed and it definately was something I, or any of the other moderators would ever allow on this site.

It’s unfortunate that it went to where it went - and again, I apologize for anything I may have said or seemed like I condoned…

I do take full responsibility of my lack of knowing the whole situation and flaming the fire…

I’m sorry Corey, and to anyone else who felt as if I really was bashing on him.

Feel free to add your comments/opinions on this situation. No, no one is going to get banned if you rip on me.

I dont think that anyone should bash on you. It seems like an honest mistake that both you and walter were man enough to own up to and apologize.

I was going to comment in that thread, because I almost thought that this was the case, but I honestly didn’t want to contribute to any more drama, and it really wasn’t my place. I know both Corey and walter, and i really did feel like Corey was getting kicked around, but in Walters defense, ignorance is bliss.

I have quite a few gay friends, and me and my girl friend often go to Marcellas with them. I dont think it is something to be ashamed of, or somehtign that should be critisized. Especially on a car forum. I think that everyone has realized the problem and error, and hopefully somehting this ignorant will never happen again.

my .02

it’s good that you and gasp walter manned up and said that to clear stuff up :slight_smile:

i mean i’m still in shock walter apologized for something

:tup:

Shit happens, life goes on. :tup:

All of us here at NYSpeed are sorry that it got to the level that it did. I am glad that people responsible for going too far apologized for their behavior. We all appreciate Corey’s contributions to the site and would hate to see an incident like this keep him from coming here.

lol

its like talking about someone and they are standing right behind you.

sorry to laugh, but the whole thing is really funny from the outside looking in

yea i’d like to chime in on this one too, cause after reading the rest of the thread this morning i seen my name brought up too. when i posted “lol walter” i had NO idea what was actually going on, i figured it was a joke just like howie did.

then it was brought to my attention thru AIM what was really going on, and at that point corey had already stated that he wanted the thread left open, which was when i posted asking him if he was really sure, because i was gonna lock it. my bad… sorry to everyone involved

God Damit, what did I miss? I miss everything around here…

you missed a bunch of contortionists putting there feet in their mouths.

i missed it all until this morning. i need to hit up OT more often.

that was one of the best pics ive seen in a long ass time…

i just caught up on all of the drama. i thought we left bashing of any kind behind on another forum? overall i’ve found this forum to contain less drama and a more friendly atmosphere. it was unfortunate but i guess we had to learn from it. from now on the only derogatory word i expect to see is “ricer”. jk.

and i’m not sure how i feel about hydraulic hitler

look at it this way…

if hitler saw that, hed be pissed off. So its a good thing… lol

I didn’t really see any blatant bashing going on. :gotme: I mean, it mistakenly wound up hurtful and in poor taste, but it was meant as a harmless joke. It went horribly wrong, but Corey respond very maturely, and Walter apologized like a man when he realized his blunder. So :tup: to you guys for handling an awkward and regrettable situation well.

It seems like the attitude of the forum was something like. “Corey’s gay? Yeah? So what?” I enjoy reading his posts. He seems like a cool guy that I could relate to. I still remember him saying one of the more insightful things I’ve read on here, something like: “I take care of my car because it’s the only thing that treats me right.” I can certainly relate.

Then you can’t see. And I also don’t think there is less drama here. It’s about equal in my eyes. Just on different things.

There’s certainly been enough bashing of me here.

but we :heart: you

Drag out the issue more and create a new thread :tup:

How about a conjoined twin myslexia day parade while were are at it… :roll:

christ yes we know we know nichole it’s not you, it’s the forum. one of your posts complains about the forum and the way it is nearly daily. some of it IS toolboxes, but some of it’s you, too - my two cents. i’m not going to go into examples, or drag it out - but man, for everyone complaining about the forum - it’s people, people are people ANYWHERE you go. it’s important to know how you come off to help create the situation. i had to switch schools back in the day b/c of a lot of reasons… but being an antisocial dick didn’t help much. okay, /rant - i’ve been holding off saying that for a LONG time. you’re still cool tho :slight_smile: but man, i just had to say that.

anyways, topic at hand - it’s good to see everyone admit the foot in their mouths, man that thread got bad quick.

If me apologizing and clearing things up is me dragging it on, then I’m sorry.

so instead just say nothing and then have people mad at you because they thing your going along with it. yea thats a good idea :tup: