Re registering a car after winter...

So I pulled the plates off the evo and dropped the insurence… now the clutch is done and im getting ready to put it on the road…
The cetch is about a month and ahalf ago I refinanced the car… so the bank took the title to send to the dmv and I still dont have it back…

What do I need to take to the DMV? can I do it without the title in hand?..

A quik search on the DMV said…

So is it OR or Both? (I do have the Green slip/recite from when i took it off the road)

I’ve always used the title but I’m guessing the bank would know what you need. Surprised you haven’t got the title yet though…it usually takes me about a month to get them.

Ya Ive always done it with the title in hand…
the quote above I think i may be able to do it without… if I have time I may stop by a DMV Monday and inquire…

I was going to wait till I get the title… but i want to use it for the track day and taking a car over the boarder unregistered I hear is a pain…

If the car was already titled/registered to you you dont need the title then. Got an old registration? bring that.

I thought that you couldn’t drop insurance on a financed car regardless of if it’s registered…

You can drop liability and collision but not comp. Maybe that’s what he did?

no I had no Lein… so I could take the coverage off… Now it has a lien… and I added comp insurance. also the clutch is done… I just want to put it on the road.

Thank you Pauly… that was more the answer I was looking for I believe the old reg is still in the glove box will check Sunday… maybe it will be on the road Monday… just need to add fluid and get plates.

X2

how do you go from having on lein to having one? did you refinance after having it paid off or something?

I believe it was in his fathers name before and somehow never ended up not having a lien on it, then when he transferred it into his name the lien reappeared on the title, or something of that nature.

You can drop whatever you want, there is no law saying you have to however if your bank finds out they would be pissed.

When I had my Eclipse I took all insurance off over a 9 month winter because it was in my parents garage and would be under their homeowners if anything happened.