re-registering my car

As some of you who have read my noob thread know, I have a 1990 miata. I took it off the road for the winter and never recieved my title back from registering it last year. This is the first car that I have actually registered so I never though anything of it at the time and Im not sure if I should now. Do I need the title to re-register the car for the comming warm months? If so how do I go about getting it back? Am I going to need a new one? I dont remember the name of the town I registered the car in, it was the only DMV in the area open on a saturday, somewhere near depew. Any help is very appreciated.

Bring the title, proof of insurance, and ID. They can answer the rest at the DMV shouldn’t matter which DMV you use as long as it’s in NY.

You don’t have a title for the car? You can file online for a replacement title (comes in about a week) which will be sent to the address you have on file with the DMV.

Well first you wanna do is track down your title before anything man.
Edit: you both posted before i was done lol

If it was previously registered to you then you dont need the title

Even though I unregistered it and put the plates on my winter car?

yes the title is still in your name. i assume anyway

Even if you can re-register it without the title you should still look into getting a replacement title just to make sure you have it.

+1, i have never needed my title EVER to register/re register my car

Getting lots of view, does anyone else have any idea?

Get a damn title for your car. I’d take Pauly’s word as gospel on any DMV type issues. No more opinions needed.

You dont need the title to reregister it.Just make sure you have the vin and weight.While your there tell them that you never recieved your title back and see what they recommeend.They might not charge you for the replacement seeing it was their fault.

Just incase anyone is curious or looking to do this themselves. I got the car registered without my title, although I did buy a new one, with the registration from last year. It was also alot cheaper then any other time I have registered a car, $54.00

This happened to me once with a license, they can look up in the computer if it was delivered or sent back for whatever reason.

Turns out that its in their computer that it was never sent out, so Im getting it free. Atleast thats how they made it seem over the phone.

the dmv is fucking retarded

i renewed my reg for my accord 1 yr ago, never got it in the mail, called 2x, still never came so i went there and was like wtf, theyre like “oh it went out, you never got it?” i was like no you fucks wheres my shit??? they said they could print me out a new one i was like ok. then she’s like that’ll be $3. no, i paid online. she’s like i know you did but now i have to charge you $3. WTF