read only folder

so i was going to update my music on my memory card for my phone and i went to drag more files to the memory card and it said i could not becasue the file (the music file on my cpu) was write protected? I have no idea how this happend. its not the card or the adapter becasue they worked fine on another computer. so my computer nerd buddy tells me it may be a read only file so i look and sure enough it is. so i uncheck it and apply it. does the same thing. i go back into the properties and the read only box is now green. not a green check mark but the entrie box is green? and every time i click it to go away it comes right back. can anybody help with this issue? or tell me how my folder got write protected? the computer i am trying this on has windows XP home edition.

maybe you dont have ‘permission’ to do that? like you are only a user, not the owner/admin?

I am having the same problem with my jump drive and the allway sync program, it wont let me write a certain file to create auto sync, yet I have definitely unchecked the read only box and I am the only admin/user on this comp.

sounds stupid but i had this issue.
the card has a little slider on the side, make sure its not towards the “lock”
sometimes itll slide into that position when you put the card in the reader.

its the the card. its the folder on the computer and no there are 2 other users on the cpu besides me but i am the admin