Ready for a per-mile gas tax?

Seriously, you guys think that is the same thing?
Wait until you get 300 speeding tickets mailed to you at the end of the year for going 41 in a 40.

lol almost every new car has GPS in it

:tinfoilhat: Just like they were going to do that with e-z passes 10 years ago right?

E: ^^^ Damn you!

You mean like how I got 14 speeding tickets this year for my average speed according to EZ-Pass exceeding 65 mph on the Thruway?

Oh, wait…

^Not even close to the same. New technology, government DESPERATE for money now, etc, etc.

Even the IRS is auditing like never before to scare up some scratch.

Wake up sheeple.

ugh… that’s going to screw A ton of industries… and just think of all the Canadian registered trucks that will come out of this…

This will also affect the large auto industries too… When they miss shipping times by rails they are forced to truck the parts to their next destination.

More expenses companies don’t need… I can see shipping rates going through the roof :frowning:

Exactly, people are not even thinking before posting.

I’m with Joe on this one. $ for $ wise, this would save me tons of money.

The average person drives 15k miles/year @ $0.0025/mile that’s roughly $37.50 compared to the $756 @ $0.63/gallon tax @ 12.5MPG for 15k miles/year

Don’t be stupid. It’s exactly the same; the technology is sufficient and is in place now.

They would do it with the EZ-Pass before implementing a whole new system.

You’re paranoid and completely out of touch with reality. They wouldn’t do it because they would all lose their jobs, and they know it.

You’re the most notable. This will not happen, and to claim that it will be used for speeding tickets when other technologies have not been in the past, and there is no indication that the will be so used to date.

The common thread among people with your level of distrust of the government is they constantly expect that “THE END IS NEAR,” and they’re almost always wrong. We should be vigilant, not paranoid and fatalistic.

That is until they crank up the emission standards…

wait… the technology is the same? what technology are you referring to?

if you are referring to a cars ability to put out X amount of horse power and still get 30mpg now…

as oppose to back in the 80s/90s/early two thousands… you are really mistaken.

If not, I’m sorry I didn’t want to trace back your entire conversation.

It is because of people like me that they don’t get a way with this shit.
You’re welcome. :wink:

WAT?
the technology to give speeding tickets using speed monitoring through this, as opposed to E-Z pass.

yes.

LOL like I said i didn’t care tnough to read through. lol.

I didn’t know you were a major lobbying organization that pads the pockets of Congressmen based on public interest in privacy. (You’re doing nothing. You’re posting about it on the internet. And they’re not going to do it anyway, because it’s insane and would result in an uproar).

The technology to monitor average speed on a toll high-way using EZ-Pass or time-stamped toll cards.

Then don’t post.

Do any of you realize how much tax one truck (dump/semi/box/whatever) pays each year just to be on the road?

LaHood, one of two Republicans in President Barack Obama’s Cabinet, said in the interview Thursday.

Republicans! :argh: !