realistically what does it cost?

why would you pay a grand when you can get a 5.3 with harness and ecu for 4-500? lol

Yeah, the truck is complete. As far as I know he still has it.
My friend was going to use it as a beater or a plow truck but never bought a plow and bought a 2010 Tundra.

That is a thought. Although it just seems more fun doing it yourself. Where have you seen these? I mean I have until April, but I am just curious to look around now…

look on norotors and rx7club for rx7s, besides just ls1 tech. and i’ll let u know if it’s more fun doing it yourself when mine is done in a couple years :lol and we all know in the car modifying world that it’s usually cheaper to just buy it already done then doing it yourself.

swain , i have a 98 vortec block . 350 bottom end is good ya just need a set of heads . ill sell it to ya on the cheap yo . i can also find ya heads cheap to . if ya want ill build ya a solid small block that will make ya smile . if your runnin the motor and shit in a light car and so on a t-5 would prolly do ok under it as long as ya know how to shift . orrrrrrrrrrrr ill sell ya the lt1 i have in my car .

thanks dude i will check it out.

You sir are the man!!! I will let ya know when i get the money in april…

Prolly not…

are you talking long block or short block? 5.3L 6.0L or 5.7LS1’s? cause low mile stuff(under 40-50k) is somewhat expensive, but if you dont care much about milage then you can get low prices.

I’m talking long block all said and done (I had to pick up some misc. accessories, alternator/tensioner, etc)… I’m just saying that even if you find something with a bit higher miles, if it was taken care of you’ve got a hella motor for fairly cheap. I got a block minus a power steering pump that had a bit of miles on it but the cylinder walls still had the cross hatchings and the rods/bearings and pistons were all super clean.

I’m not saying these motors are laying around all over the place, but you can find them… Just takes a little time and patience.

OP, I will sell ya a cammed LS1 long block for 3k. Has 38k on it.

OP said motor being sold by ssmokinsssss has had number ground off the block and heads, actual motor miles is unknown and seller is a scammer.

LOL

too bad I can get all the documentation on the motor if needed from when the long block was purchased, installed, cam/valvetrain/oil pump was installed etc.

and the number is still on the block fucker.

hahaha. thanks guys! i have some thinking to do about this, and i cant do anything until april.