Rear Gas Lines - Leaking

Yeah its also illegal and won’t pass safety… You are only allowed something like 24" of rubber line per steel fuel line… otherwise don’t you think car manufacturers would have done it in the first place. There is this new type of fuel line out that is made out of hard plastic that will pass safety most new cars come with it on. its a lot more expensive than steel line tho. You can either band aid it by cutting out the leak and putting a small piece of hose there then praying to god that another leak doesn’t start. or you can replace it front to back, but keep in mind that once you replace one line you are most likely going to have to replace the other and the brake lines because they all may start leaking when disturbed or bent even a little. so i would get a couple of rolls, one of 5/16 (feed line) one 1/4 (return line some time its the same as feed just take in samples) one 3/16 , a flare tool some new fittings, bite the bullet and just do it. Its the only way to completely solve the problem and not have to worry about it again.

I’m not going to lie, its probably the most dirty bastard ass job that you will ever have to do to your car. I hate doing them, and a shop will charge you close to 1000 to do it. I doubt that you will find anyone willing to do it for you, i have been a mechanic for a while and I still have not met one person that enjoys doing lines.