rear wheel hub warped?

ok this is the whole story.

i ran a semi warped rim that was balanced all winter and some of early spring.

i got slotted subframe bushings and coils recently installed and i started hearing a humming sound. i hear it more apparently when i accelerate at 60km/hr to 120km/hr and then fade away. i also don’t notice much sound when i do turns or anything.

so i thought it was because of the new parts so i ignored it. just recently i put on my advan sa3s and found out the side that i ran the warped rim (rear right side), the advans wouldn’t go on properly. the center bore would either be too tight on the left or right side, and only 1 side would go in all the way. the other side would go in 1/2 way. i then had to use my lug nuts to tighten it all the way to make them go on. so what is wrong here? my whole hub assembly or the studs?

i’m thinking if i should just change the rear hub assemblys with 5lug rear conversions like bings or ichiba.

could this warped rim really cause all this damage?

Take the rim off you tightend on with lugnuts right away, if the hub is warped and the rim is tightend flat you will warp that rim too.

^^ i had a hunch if i should and i already did, thanks scott.

pretty weird problem if you ask me.

I’ve heard of problems with axles, wheel bearings, fwd transmission/transaxle bearings all going south due to warped rims or overtightened lugs

there’s a lot of stress down there

check for hub centric rings too,

I have a set of enkeis, 1 of whihch had a hub centric rim corroded to it, and it wouldn’t sit flush to the hub whereas the other 3 would, a stupid thing to over look, but maybe…

ok heres the update

i checked for hub centric rings and none to be seen

got a subframe and got the hubs from there but my mechanic said they weren’t good since u could hear the metal touching each other when you spun it. it was smooth but made noise. bad thing i guess.

so we sanded down the hub where the ring is and the rims fit good.

still makes the humming sound at 80-100km only on accerlation. not sure if its the bearing anymore, maybe something is resonating at those speeds.

i wonder if the subframe spacers could be the culprit of this humming sound i’m hearing

edit: after reading another thread i posted about stance coils, it seems that i had this whinning/humming right after i put the coils and subframe spacers in.