Steering wheel shaking!

Hey guys I seem to be having a small problem whenever I’am going above like 50km/h and than using my brakes my steering wheel shakes not 2 much but very much noticable. Any idea what that might be I have a S13 hatchback, Please let me know if you have any idea what this is or can be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Only happens when you brake? Warped rotors.

yea it only happens when i brake so that means its warped rotors for sure?
And if so than does anyone here on SON have hook ups on rotors?

Please let me know, Thanks!

There’s a guy selling brand new 4 cross drilled/slotted rotors for S13 (4 bolt) on MontrealRacing. check the Nissan section.

could be tie-rods and balljoints too, most likely tie-rods

I’d go with warped rotors as well… tie-rods or ball joints would be a possibility, but he should see something when he turns and or decellerates without braking if that were the case.

Besides, upgrading brakes, not a bad thing.

tie rods, balljoints, bad tc rods, warped rotors, seized caliper slider pins, tire low psi

jesse’s had em all :wink:

its warped rotors… get em machines or buy new rotors. will be same price either way

if its only when you brake then start with the rotors.

if it were any of the other issues, most specifically a suspension issue, then you would notice it all the time or at least not only when you are braking.

if you warped the rotors from daily driving its something more serious than just warped rotors