Wheels shaking?

When i m going 70 plus and i start slowing down the wheels start shaking when i press the break, otherwise if u just down shift and let it slow down theirs no problem, i remember seeing this on the forums couple months back but can’t seem to find it. Can someone please give me a clue as to what the problem might be.

ur rotors are gone, time for some new brakes

seriously man, the rotors can cause the car to shake that bad?
i thought it was hicas or something, shoot. That sucks.

^^^ yes this used to happen in my old 323 it is rotors for sure

Thanks, guys.

if it happens when you are on the brakes then your rotors are warped.

if would be a bigger problem if it stopped when you werent on the brakes because then it could be suspension / tires (flatspots) / balancing of tires / homosexuality

consider yourself lucky that new rotors will fix that shit

thank god

i m going to have to check once i switch up all the rotors, and check it the wheeels still shake i believe the they actually did stop when let off the brakes. It’d better not be the problem or the guy that sold me this car is a
hardcore rippoff.

just make sure your not hard on the new rotors or they will warp to just take it easy for a bit till they break in nice

Mine do the same when im softly on the brakes…when u push harder it goes away but its very minimal wheel shake. My dads new TL from the dealer did this Farrrr worse than my car. pretty easy fix.

yea thas true, when it push hard it does go away. how do you fix that though, just go easy on the new rotors, because they still shake with the new rotors.

New rotors shouldn’t shake!
Unless they are of poor quality and have excessive runout right out of the box.
Rotor warpage is generally due to poor intsall. ie: hubs that still have chunks of rust them, wheels not torqued propely or just plain abuse/neglect.
Most never take the extra 10-15min to properly sand/clean the hubs before putting on new rotors, hence they warp prematurely.

There more to a proper brake job than just slapping on new parts.
It’s all about the prep work.

i would break them in…give them about 500 km’s before any real hard braking

where did u get the rotors from? did u get cheap oe replacements? or name brand performance kind?

i would say if u bought cheap ones that they will warp fairly easy

interesting i didn’t no that, but yeah i actually did sand it down due to me hating rust and being a prefectionist but i think the problem isn’t the rotors its something to do with the toe on the back tires being so bad, gonna see if fixing that helps it out.

yea i got cheaps ones because i was gonna switch to 300zx brakes later on, like a month or two but i have those same rotors on my jeep and they run great.

so u did a whole brake job pads and rotors?

there is a hell of a lot of misinformation in this thread

#1 it could also be your TC rods. Under hard braking there is a lot of flex in that shit stock bushing so there is vibration

#2 if it is only your rotors get new ones, cleaning hte hub isnt a bad idea but it usually isn’t a problem and wouldnt cause the rotors to warp.

#3 rotors dont - or RARELY - warp, pad deposit is left on the rotor when it overheats and that causes the warped feeling.

#4 you do not need 500km to break in brakes. Bed the pads (3-4 hard decelerations from 90km/h - 20km/h WITHOUT coming to a full stop) - this is done on brand new brake pads, to “groove” them into the rotors. let them fully cool off and then they are ready to go. if you arent going to be racing its no huge deal

already did the sanding, the rotors were new so theres no problem there and i already broke them in with the hard braking thing you were talking about i picked that up on a car show on spike haha. I’ll have to look in to the bushings, i was going to get the front ones replaced i guess i 'll have to get the back ones checked out too. Thanks

good to know, i was just going on what i thought it could possibly be, but then again i am still learning lol