Diagnose: Front wheel shakes?

On the wifes Vue.

When on the brakes the front end gets the shakes.
Its enough to get the wheel to bobble some.

I figure the rotors could be warped, but there is no feedback in the brake pedal. With constant pressure, the pedal never budges.

I replaced pads/rotors last fall because they were worn down and it felt like they had been a little warped. They may have never gone away since I told the wife to take it easy on them for a while.

I’ll probably buy a dial gauge and measure them, but what else might cause it? Tire out of balance?

It’s pretty annoying and I’m sure I will fix it eventually. I’m just lazy.

Did you replace the brakes with crap parts?

Probably.
$50 pads and rotors were $80ea IIRC

did you bed the pads into the new rotors after installing them last time?

Take rotors off my tech will cut them for you.

did you take it to suburban auto electric for anything?

Odds are the Rotor is the problem if this happens ONLY on brakes. Best bet is to replace the pads and rotor. Or, turn rotor and get better pads.

If wheel shakes or something hums while turning at speed = Bearing.

loll - sounds like a right proper diagnosis DOC!

:suicide:

I thought most GM’s come factory with brake shakes?

Def the rotors. Get them cut or replace them.

never buy the cheapest rotors, they always come pre warped.

They were the 2nd most expensive. They did not have the “good” ones.
Maybe i’ll just buy frozen rotors or something next time.

Am I the only one who’s had good luck putting the cheapest rotors they can find on their DD? Seriously, I’ve never spent more than $10-15 on a rotor and have never had problems.

Let’s not forget this:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3634&highlight=warped+rotors+myth

Nope, I once wasted $200 on a set of “Top-of-the-line” rotors for the Grand Am. They turned out to be a waste of money. I went to Napa and got their 13 dollar rotors. Never had a problem after that.

I used 22 dollar rotors up front on the F-150 that lasted 3 years (20K) before I gave up the truck.

I have not read that in a long time :tup:

Maybe its because you drive a 5spd. and once stoped sit in neutral as opposed to
keeping the pressure on the pedal to hold your car in traffic?

I remember my powerslots for my cav.
Had to get them off with a 10 lb sledge :frowning:

Cheapo Napa rotors have been great ever since.

Eh you shouldn’t have to do that.

If it were me, I’d take just toss new disks on and only replace the pads if they’re worn out or unevenly. Clean and lube the sliders while you’re in there. Granted it’s a high performance redline :burnout: but it’s just the woman’s DD.

No I always put cheap parts on. I can’t remember the last time I spent more then 50 bucks on brakes. My customers get the best I can find.

I’ll just get them resurfaced.

Its not really High performance at all. Its the same as all to other
AWD honda V6 vue’s. Just pretty bits and springs.