Reasons why we do our Jobs... And effects they have.

Copy from my FB post, thus the funky font.

Sometimes we wonder why we do our jobs, and what does it matter if we half-ass things… Well as of last night I have personal evidence on why I do what I do and how it really matters. A very dear friend of mine will probably need brain surgery to fix a bleed shortly.

I’m currently working on a new neurological surgical handpiece for a client of ours which is used to treat both brain tumors as well as bleeds (Ultrasonic cutting to get where they need to go, and electrocautery to burn and stop the bleeding). I’m sure one of this companies existing devices will be used during her surgery, and if this occoured in 24 months… it’d probably be the design I’m working on now.

Just because you can do your job half-assed doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do, you never know when/how it can effect someone.

A very dear friend of my wife and I is at Millard Fillmore with a flare up from an old injury. She’s going to be heading into surgery within the next 48 hours as it’s not a ruptured artery/vein, just a steady leak.

Meh, I had a bug that took a guy’s checking account negative 1.6 million dollars 2 years ago. It was caught and corrected before the guy ever saw it though. It’s amazing how many times a computer can process a $6.xx debit card transaction when you fail to exit a loop properly and it just keeps posting it over and over as fast it can.

It’s when you fuck up like that you think about how luckily you are that your job doesn’t have people’s lives in your hands (though I suppose the guy could have had a heart attack had he done a balance inquiry).

Sorry to hear about ur friend.
Half ass work reflecs a persons attitude towards what they are doing.

Meh, if I half ass my job…nothing happens. Lowes sucks cock anyways. When I have a career it’s a different story.

Most people don’t do anything in a career they care about enough to throw themselves into it 100%…furthermore, the corporations don’t care about you anyways…plus there will always be hundreds of fools lined up for your job anyways once you leave, and t hey know that…most people are just a # at their jobs…

in the past, people have died bc people in my position have messed up. i dont ever half ass my job, but i dont get paid nearly enough for the work that i do, its very frustrating at times

True… But at the same time, for me, this hit pretty hard and pretty crazy.

Let’s just hope for the best…thanks for the heads up.

If I half assed my job how would people get their prescriptions and office max and amazon? How could I half ass my job?

On a side note I hope all goes well for your friend, it’s crazy how something like that can turn someone’s life around?

that is why I’m an engineer and Not a doctor… cause I like being right. a doctor can lose 100 people and save 1 and be a god to that 1, an engineer can build a bridge the 100 people can cross and 1 die’s and he did his job wrong.

sorry about your friend. I hope all turns out for the best.

I dont do anything fancy im just a concrete floor finisher. I used make super flat pads for cat scanners/xray machines. I also used to build condos, old age homes and sky scrapers. Now i just do small jobs like drive ways, sidewalks, garage floors and weeping tile systems.
Although my jobs not really important i dont half ass anything with concrete because i like the job and my work reflecs that.

If you half ass your job you make people like me really fucking angry! lol

I like contractors lol, it’s the Canadians that I ignore.

My job pays me for the amount of work I put in. If I decide to halfass something, it reflects on how much I make. If I want to put it all in, I will make it all back. I love my job for the sheer fact that I can wake up and ask myself how much $$ I want to make that day and if I put my mind to it, I can achieve it.

I guess I could stop phone, Internet, tv, and 911 service if I screw up lol

the more I do my job, the more people complain. The less I do my job, the more people complain. :frowning:

Tyler how do you like the CBP so far? I’m taking the test on the 23rd in case I get DQ’d from the coast guard. Shoot me a PM or Facebook message if you want.

If I half ass my job your TV won’t work when I leave your house

I guess if I don’t do my job, less people will be able to get brain surgery.

You sir, are a modern age philosopher.