Rebuild costs?

hey i am new to 240s i have done a few searches and read a fair amount of information. I have a few questions to ask now.

The first one being what is the cost of your average rebuild? If nothing is damadged just high KM on the engine? does it matter weather the KA is a SOHC or DOHC price wise? and beast place around aurora newmarket are shop wise?

I have rebult two engines so i dont really have experiance and one was a desil perkins both were in auto class. I am missing alot of the like a hoist, engine stand, torque wrench, piston ring compressor and so on. would it be cheaper to find these and do it my self or get it done at a shop?

thanks any information on the above qestions would be greatly appreciated.

S-K

Personally the SOHC is waste of time. DOHC’s have alot more in aftermarket parts. Are you planning on replacing the internals for a turbo or is this a stock rebuild?

If its a stock rebuild i dont recomend it at all and ur better off to buy another KA. Thats just my 2 cents. What are ur future plans?

well i am just comming out of high scholl so until i find some were to do my apprentice ship i will be driving a stock 240 or neer. I am yet to buy one just trying to find out a litle more about them.

I have heard that the SOHC makes the car feel underpowered but i am only going to use it until i have enoguh for an SR swap or possibly buy a newer KA (DOHC) and make it a KA-T. Since the magority of 240s are higher millage just seeing if i will get into trouble with the engine befora i can afford a swap.

Also will the DOHC just drop into a 89-91 with out anything?

A little more searching around and i found a shop in aurora i will give a call about cost but about the costs but other questions still stand

thanks for the help

No, the 89 and 90, to swap in a DOHC you need the 91+power steering lines and a DOHC tach

Thanks for the info other than that everything lines up and all that good stuff?

any engine from a 240 is a bolt on deal, u take it and drop it in…Like he said u just need the 91 steering lines dohc tach and ECU normally easy stuff to get…