Recent married people or engaged people, step in please.

Working on a startup that recently was allocated some funding and going to bring it to the Buffalo area. Have a quick survey about your wedding experience, planning, problems, etc. if you can take a few minutes and fill it out.

Thanks

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGUwR0U1MEpNOWM4dmRQSzhkbktsVGc6MQ

your welcome

done

I am sure you are aware that there are plenty of other websites that offer wedding information/help out there. theknot.com is a big one.

IMO, a lot of them lack ANY useful information about the venues. They basically just copy/paste the ‘about’ section of the venue’s website and have 1 or 2 shitty pictures. In the end, they are not much help.

I was married not too long ago… i took it.
But alot of ares was old fashion, 100 guests, outdoors,(rented party tents/chairs tables) had a family friend cater, bought the gown at davids bridal. I really only used the internet for shopping registry, communicating (after invite was sent) to family/friends out of the area.
We used 2 Yellow Evo’s for limo’s :slight_smile: alot was done using family/friends connections. or word of mouth.

you would need some kind of feedback system to be confident in using companys you just “found on-line” I cant put that much faith in somthing like that.

Are you trying to build a for-profit electronic wedding planning service?

yea but they give an good idea of whats available in your location…,then u can check out the venues actual website if they have one…

i live in BFLO and my wedding is in Roch…we used the Knot to get a bunch of venues in mind and checked out the actual venues webpage then actually looked at them in person…some look awesome from pics but suck in person

Kinda. Organization of wedding with the social interaction. its a system I helped design and manage that now is getting a head of steam. Couples can register and access the tools for planning their wedding including
* Guest List (Add, edit, delete guests - code in place for guests to confirm attendance online using unique code)
* Table Planner (Add/edit/delete tables, add guests to tables)
* Budget (Add items to budget, set budget and view how much you have remaining)
* Diary (Put important targets or dates for when stuff needs to be carried out)
* Suppliers (Manage your suppliers, their details and how much you’ve paid so far)
* Social interaction (Polls for voting on things, talk with other couples, posting to FB/Twitter)
* Local connections (Working with local venues, vendors, and bans to provide easy access to scheduling, open days, and information about them. Also easy location for reviews, etc)

Thanks all for the info.

Posted. My experience has been the less other people are involved in the choices, the better. The rest of the stuff looks decent, but we just did most of that in excel. Definitely would not use this if it was a pay service, but if you plan to make money on ads, go for it.

Not a pay service. Revenue stream is coming from other places.

qft…too many people = too many opinions

done.

done

done

i clicked the survey link then realized that my wife did absolutely everything for our wedding because weddings don’t matter to men.

that’s probably the only reason not to allow gay marriage… who’s going to plan the thing?