Recommend a drag radial for me

Last summer I had an absolute blast drag racing despite only 2 drag strip visits, and vowed to try to get out more this upcoming season. My biggest issue (besides driver error ) was wheel hop and initial traction, so I’m in the market for some dedicated tires that will only see use at the dragstrip, as I plan on changing them at the track. On the street I will run my usual craigslist specials in a 275/35/18, mounted on a 9.5" M-Parallel. My only requirement for the drag tire is a 15" diameter, and a width that will (reasonably) fit on a 7" wide rim. If it’s affordable that’d be great too. I am running adjustable ST coilovers, have a selection of wheel spacers, and have rolled fenders so I have a fair amount of flexibility as far as fitment goes.

Looking for input from those who have first-hand experience with race tires!

I am split between the following:

Nitto NT 555R Drag Radial in a 275/50/15
Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
I have read mixed reviews about the Nitto, some folks have said that it’s more suited to “street” use than strictly for the track. They have an attractive price but I don’t need for them to be street or highway friendly as they will never see inclement weather or distance cruising.

Hoosier DOT Drag Radial in a 275/50/15
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-17315/overview/

Tried and true Mickey Thompson ET Street in a 275/50/15. Have heard very good things about these.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-3753r/overview/

Any suggestions on where to buy, besides the above websites? Input on other brands/types of tires is also welcome.

I have run all 3

Nitto should not even be considered.

No lie I have been able to dead hook both the Hoosier and MT.

If the setup will see street use at all go MT if not go Hoosier. Either will do what you need.

If they’re dedicated track tires don’t waste time on the nittos go MT or Hoosier

MT street is my vote… just do your homework on how to use them.

I’ve used Nitto’s and MT’s before. If you want a serious tire go with BF goodies drag (89451.) I got great traction on the street and at Leicester

If track only use I’d go with a track only tire. Drag radials can be fast, but there’s a huge learning curve behind getting the best out of them. I’ve ran Nitto DR, ET Street, and ET Drag. ET Streets were great since they were essentially 99% drag oriented, but DOT approved if you ever wanted to get saucy on the streets.

Track only I would go Hoosier all day. If they will see the street some MT.

If you’re just running them at the track might want to consider something along the lines of a full slick.

26" Stiff sidewall MT slicks gets my vote. 1.41 60ft in the rx7 on them

This is if you consider a full slick. Which if you really only want them for the track you should consider it. In a 6sp car they are worth it. But back on drag radials in the nova I dont miss the slick sway going down the track.

Stiff wall slick if it’s a track only tire… Not too sure how fast you are going but radials are a lot more stable on the top end once you get in the 130ish range with them. but slicks are more forgiving

+1
You ever try any other drag radials aside from the MTs? I considered a few other options for this season. Going to a 30" so far looking at the 315MT or 390M&H. I have room for the 390 just not sure about the M&H radials.

MT ET, I run them on the Vette 100% of the time. They are great on the street and track just don’t get caught in the rain, if you do drive slow.

I like my hoosier QTP. They are better than the hoosier drag radial and still DOT legal.

M&H or MT