Recommend a shop for me

I need to get a car running again.

It is a '91 Toyota MR2. NA chassis with a turbo motor swapped in. The wiring was a shitshow before and she quit running on me on the side of the road in June, 07.

That summer I was not in the position to get it running, and last summer was a shitshow with me moving to Vermont.

The car still sits at my parents back in East Aurora and I am in a position to pay to have the wiring be redone for the ECU. It was WAY beyond what I am capable of.

I need to get the car running again so I can both have the option of enjoying that awesome car myself, as well as if I ever hope to sell it, I will need it to be running.

Anyone know any shops capable of doing this type of work?

i assume the car is here??? Innovative? Swerve. Im very impressed with Swerves labor rate.

Yeah, it’s in East Aurora currently.

I problably won’t be able to get back to WNY to have it taken in for a while, but wanted to do some research in advance. Gather some names of some guys to maybe talk to and see if they are feeling up to the task. It’d be akin to do a swap, but JUST doing the wiring portion over again.

Mechanically, the car was perfect.

I wrote both Swerve and Innovative. Any other shops that deal with this type of shit?

are you willing to just buy a turbo harnass? or do you want somebody to fix it?

I really don’t have the ability to do the electronics side.

On top of that, I can’t afford the time it would take to fix her back in Buffalo myself. I can however afford to rally back to Buffalo, flatbed her to a shop, drop her off, and come back when she runs and pick her up. :slight_smile:

Don aka carnut?

swerve for sure
andy does phenomenal electrical work
pm either letitroll or 99_civic_si

whoever you pick, it wont be done right away
innovative had like 3i947387 cars in it when i went there today lol
but it doesnt hurt to ask, this is prob the wrong time of the year to want to do this :frowning:

Not too worried about getting it done right away. I’ve gone without for 2 years already, lol.

Basically, I would drive home, flatbed it to the shop, head back to Vermont. Once it’s done, take the train back to Buffalo and drive it back to Vermont.

Not concerned about turn-around either.

I like hearing good things about Swerve though. I emailed them.

:tup: to Paul, Andy and the rest of the crew there