recommendations for a 1/4" hex impact set anyone?

I’m picking up a dewalt impact (for general small duty car stuff) and i’m looking for a 1/4" hex impact set in metric. I searched around a little but didn’t find much. i have the larger dewalt impact, i’m getting this one for those smaller 10mm bolts mainly, so i’m really just looking for a 1/4" hex impact set. Any suggestions?

Thanks

just use reg sockets bro.

honestly… the black ones at HF that come in the blue plastic tray/container. dunno who even makes them. but I put them on 3/8-1/4 adapters and hit them with a Mac 3/8" impact all day long and I havent broken a single one yet.

+1 for HF impact Sockets. I have abused the 1/2" variety with an Ingersoll 231 and haven’t had one fail me yet

i’m looking for 1/4" hex impacts. i know i could use a 1/4" hex to 1/4 or 3/8 drive adapter and then use impacts but i’d like to find a 1/4" hex impact set if possible

for what though!??!?! thats what im asking you. Nothing that uses a 1/4" socket is going to break a regular socket with an impact on it. you can put a 3/4" impact on it and no matter what, the socket isn’t going to break, the fastener is going to be the weak point in that size range.

yeah true, i’m sure i can get away with a non torque as i cannot see any 10mm bolt breaking a socket. Any suggestions for 1/4" hex metric set though?

snap on. hell even the craftsman aren’t gonna break and if they do it’s warranty.

Just pick up hex shank to 1/4" adapter. Thats what I use everyday at work without issue.

Def love my snap on set use them everyday and I’ve only had to warranty one because i didn’t put it in all the way and it stripped the tip

just the tip?

haha yea just the tip :wink:

these are mine, they are impact but i also have a set of chrome ones that ive used on my impact gun and never broke a socket

here are the rest of my sockets i need to fill up the rest of the empty spots

I’m not sure anyone understands what a 1/4" hex is lol

I think I’ll end up using a 1/4" hex to socked adapter

im honestly confused on what tool you are talking about.
you say 1/4" hex but mention using it on 10mm bolts…

either way, as said you’ll break that small fastener before breaking a tool

Yeaaaa def confused as what tool ur talking about

My assumption is you’re looking for a set of sockets with a 1/4" shank to run in a nut driver or drill?

Either way, nothing that small should really have the word impact on it. How much torque could you possibly need? I can shear small stuff with my bear hands, no problem.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/09/ygeryqyh.jpg

+1