WTBorrow: 2 1/8" socket and Impact gun

i need to get the flywheel nut off of the old 13b and swap the flywheel to the new 13b. The nut is approx 2 1/8" and is torqued to 500 lb./ft. Anybody have anything i can use???

i dont have a 21/8th socket but i got a good impact if you want to use it.

u can use mine but my guns brand new and i love it dearly

impact i doubt will get it off. maybe a 1inch drive but with a serious compressor to power it. id just go with a breaker bar and a little elbow grease

Last time i used a 3/4" drive impact that i “borrowed” from Sears and i bought the socket. The socket somehow disappeared, I am definitly buying another socket tomorrow, but i’m not sure if i can “borrow” the impact gun again.

i can bring my gun home from work tomorrow but i can not guarrentee that it’ll take the nut off. Its rated for 700 pounds in reverse but that all depends on your compressor!!!

^^ i hear ya, my compressor sucks, i might take you up on the offer anyway.

1000 reversing foot pounds wont loosen it i dunno then

last time 700 was enough

For a true 500 ft.lbs you will need at least a 3/4" impact gun

i also doubt that its a standard socket… its probably metric

Isnt there some stupid Torque multiplier tool that is used for this? if I remember correctly…

Sorry I cant help ya with this one, but I know those things are really fucking on there :banghead:
Good Luck

Jeller

its actually a 54mm but 2 1/8" is the closest i could find and that is what i used last time.

there is a torque multiplier but it is just easier with the gun.

stare it out