reconstructed titles from PA in new york

So I was doing some searching and found this guy who is selling a few 2006 rsx type-s out of PA. Noticed the prices were dirt cheap and made the call. I wasnt surprised when he told me that they are all reconstructed titles. There was one that got my attention though. It was an 06, gray, 29k miles, theft recovery for around $11k which is dirt for that car. No other accidents according to him.

Im not an expert on the subject but he told me NY is the only state that makes registering a reconstructed title a pain in the ass and sometimes its not even worth the hassle.

What kinda of procedure does NYS take when putting these vehicles on the road?

pa reconstructed title in ny are a nightmare, basically its gotta go thru the entire salvage inspection here, for what i was told. like it dosent even matter that it went thru all that stuff in pa, thier system is unrecognized by ours. Atleast thats what I got when I called about a rust free 81 monte carlo i had picked up for 500$ as a roller.

I ended up selling the car as spares to a oval guy because of it.

you have to prove all of the parts replaced on the vehicle were done so legally, ie; with receipts. If they decide to tear the vehicle apart and find a non-matching vin you are probably fucked for owning stolen parts. If its a stolen/recovery with no parts needed then you might be ok. But typically lock cylinders/windows are damaged.

Probably not worth it for your first salvage car at that price.

Wow. Thats ridiculous. I think I’ll pass

if the guy got the tittle o fthe vehicle in his hand there shouldn’t be any problems all u have to do is go dmv and register but if he don’t have the tittle and got the MV-907A form i believe u have to send it to Albany with the tax for how much u pay for the vehicle, for 11gs it will be a round 1100 just for tax and u will have to wait like for 2 months so they can send u a appointment fro vehicle inspection after that u can register the car and ull receive the tittle like in couple weeks later, and 11gs for selvage rsx-s is little to much its not dirt cheap i believe u can find cheaper

Went through this a couple months ago and would not do it again. First you send a bunch of forms which you get from the dmv along with a $250 money order to Albany. Then wait and wait and wait for them to send and appointment back to get a salvage title inspection. If your from Buffalo the inspection station is on Dingens about a mile from Harlem, all they look for is stolen part. If you pass you get you title in the mail in a week or so after that. All in all the process took about 2 months for me