registering a saalvaged car?

anyone picked up something that was totalled, rebuilt it, and registered it?

my prizm has a salvage title. i know that once its done the car has to pass a pretty detailed nys inspection before you get the salvage title so you can register it. i had my dads homie who owns a body shop rebuily my prizm and he took care of it all for me so i dont know any more detail then that. but i did save an assload of money and got a great, super low mileage daily for really cheap :tup:

there is a whole bunch of paperwork you have to go through, and once you rebuild it you have to fill it all out, and then they set you up with a date to take it in for a specialty inspection before they allow you to register it. thats basically all it takes. they inspect the car VERY thouroughly to make sure everything is in order and mechanically sound with no signs of the previous damage.

yeah I heard that to get that inspection done could take a while too

ive talked to 2 people who said that inspection was a joke. made the appt, had to wait forever (weeks and weeks), you have to trailer it there, then they just glanced at the car and sent them on their merry way

my neon is from 2060 it had a salvage title, it took me 8 months for an inspection appointment, then the test itseld literally took 1 min, and $130 they just look at the vins to make sure they all match up, and if they dont you need a receipt for that part

The inspection isn’t the bad part. Whats sucks is waiting for the title to come in the mail. Expect to wait a long time

Yeah, It isn’t too bad if you have the ducks in a row.
Need reciepts for all the parts is the main item

your car is from THE FUTURE?!?!?

OMG…

true story. now that i think of it, it took like fucking 6 months for my title to come in.

he means 2060 auto parts on walden

Hate to bump this up, but my car has been inspected and the title will be in the mail soon, My question is when i go to the DMV, do i need a sales receipt saying i paid the sales tax if the title is already in my name? or do i just need insurance card, mv-82 form, and the title with my name on it?

if title is already in your name, why would you have to prove you paid tax, that should be plenty of proof lol

You’re asking if you have to pay sales tax for a car already registered in your name.

Lol

The lady at the DMV told me i still needed it even though the title was in my name when i stopped by briefly to ask, thanks for the answers though