Red Book Value?

Can any one get the red book value for my car?

2001 Jetta GLS TDI 285k
Options:
Sunroof
Leather package (steering wheel shift boot seats)
Power Seats
Monsoon sound system
Trailer hitch
Alloy wheels
Cruise
Power windows
Power locks (keyless)
manual (5 speed)

285K on a 2001… that is SPECTACULAR!!

It’s a diesel jetta :smiley:

I’ve seen similiar ones go for $7-8k and the 5spd is a definite plus.

what the difference between red book and blue book?

red book? were we all supposed to forget about your other thread?

Red book is a specific company that does car values. the insurance company said they would base there value off it.

The only way to get a red book is to buy the RED book or pay for a subscription. as I only want 1 value I figured I would ask here if anyone has a Red book subscription or the book itself to look and see what my car is worth.

thanks again.
Mike

so the insurance company will go off the word that some guy on nyspeed gave you this number? Don’t they have a subscription?

Or is this an online thing they can give you access to?

yes the insurance company does, I just don’t want to go off there word when they (the insurance) tells me red book… if need be ill pay to subscribe but figured I would try here…

that is such bs. the ins co is really giving you the run around.

you surprised by this? that’s what they do.

exactly. they are in the buisness of being profitable.

Of course they are in business to make money. maybe you pissed an adjuster off and they are fucking with you just because. or maybe you are asking for too much and they know it.

they can say that they use whatever they want. It’s within your rights to demand true market value… prove what this is by finding examples of what it will cost you to replace with a similar car. This will be close to impossible with that many miles.

that plus said comparable vehicle must be within 10% of the mileage, and within 100 miles. impossible

Right. But they also have to do the same thing.(its called substantially similar or computerized Database) they cant. so they have to do the “2 book value”
“the evaluation of your vehicle is based upon the New York State Fair Claims Act (Regulation 64). 216.7 (c) (1) (i) The method used was obtaining the average of the retail values from the NADA Book and the HMR Red Book.”

I know NADA value now I just want to know Red Book so I know what they are offering me.

insurance called said my red book is 6500. not sure if he listed the options or not.

so what was the NADA value?

then that and the redbook value together and averaged?

because the averaged amount would be the required minimum to give you by law correct?

that sucks, not sure if you’ll be able to find a replacement for that amount.

red book? wow, first time i’ve ever heard of it…interesting.

http://www.autoredbook.com

yes they “should” give me a middle ground… but for some reason I think he is lying or not putting in all my options on the red book amount its usually not that far from NADA value.

NADA is ~8k