car black book value

does anyone know if there is a web site that give this info, the guy that rear ended me wants to give me only 500 for my car or go through insurance, the damages where about 1900-2100, so i said forget it, now i am worried about my car being a “write off”
95 altima
265xxxkms
very little rust

Tell him to fuck off and call his insurance.

I seem to recall my insurance broker telling me years ago that insurance companies don’t keep book values on cars older than 7 years. I think there’s too much variability in individual cars to have any sort of relevance by that point. The way they determine value is by finding similar cars for sale.

Now, if all that is true, then searching the auto-trader or other ads might be your best bet.

i am definitly going through insurance, kind of hope it is a write off, then i can look for a new one, but i dunno, that would make sence about not keeping a book value, there are too many varibles, i have been looking, and most cars similair to mine, asking normal prices are only around 3000

find some more expensive places to get your car fixed. im sure there is somewhere that will shampoo your car and wax it after they do your body work. go to them, fuck him over.

and yes, i would go to insurance too, dont take his 500. hes a retard and his insurance will go up way higher then 500$ in the long run anyways.

I have a 95 altima that was rear ended in jan. It goes by market value with km’s taken into account. Mine was worth 3100 in jan. but I had receipts for lots of work done so I didn’t want it written off. They fixed mine. You can buy it back for only 10% what they pay you out. To insure it again you have to go through a special inspection that you have to pay for (300-400) but if it fails you can’t insure till it’s fixed.

so, where they gonna write it off then? and u just bought it back? like i said i kind of want it written off, because i have a few things i need to fix on it and i don’t really want to.

They might write yours off. Not sure if your damages are enough. Mine was just over 3000. I had a new clutch and tranny in mine plus stereo and alarm, starter, etc. I wanted mine fixed because of the money already put into it. You could buy it back for cheap if you want but they have to write it off first.

well not a write off, but i had to go to an adjuster because the insurance company said there is only about 1100 damage, went to adjuster, the one my dad uses, he said the same 110o approx damage, so my pay out is about 850, i took it cause i plan on getting rid of the car next yr, so this postcan be closed, but thanks for all the help guys.
terry