accident

driving south bound on 109th st this girl didnt shoulder check and nails me on the sweet spot ( quater panel) damage was the following: fender was pushed in about 2-3 milimeters hardly noticeble from face to face but when i sit on the drivers is defenetly noticeble on the rear view mirror, then like that wasnt enough also hit my rim thus curb rashing it from the hit with her rim … i was soo pissed the girl honetly look like 17 or something like that tops …but on a good note the body of her car didnt hit me was just the tire other wise i think that it would of mangled it so i guess for sure is going to get painted but i dont want that bump on my quater panel it already has the battle look enough with the previous owner accident. does anyone know the black book value of 1990 240sx coupe by anychance.

Sorry about you accident. My black book only goes back to 1997 so this is what I got from it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/1997.jpg

yah and thats a 97 so any major repairs … it would be write off … they should consider sentimental value hahaha

yea its $3500 my little brothers just got written off

That being the case, everyones should be insured for the millions…

Sorry to hear about what happened, hope it all works out for you.

It really depends on the condition of the car. I can speak for 240sx but my Altima has seen more body shop time than any car should have. I’m not proud of my accident history but 3 accidents in 2 years and she’s still on the road (not a reclaimed title either). Repairs done to her total about $8000 (3500, 3000 and 1500) which should be excess of value of the car (about 3000, high estimate by the adjuster I had dealt with).

So there is a good chance that they will not write it off, but it also depends on how the companies settle and such. If you have the contact for your adjuster, emphasize that you don’t want this written off and that you’ll never get a car of comparable value for the write off price.

Other than that, good luck with this!

Im not sure about how alberta insurance companies are, but when my buddy wrote off his S13, and they made their first offer of 2800$, and a 400 voucher for a new/used car. I advised him against this and so he had a few options… he could hold out for more money (never happens) or he was told by the ICBC agent to look around at prices for the car, searching for same model, year, options and such. So we got on buysell.com, and started browsing for the different numbers… which had gone up considerably for a s13, since the FatF tokyo drift. So the average numbers we found for his model were going for around 5000$, we printed off a few examples and took them to icbc the next day, and the day after he was offered 4500$ (his had higher than average km’s) and also a 200$ voucher. Now i dont know how insurance places here are, or the average price for your car here so i would suggest to research the prices of your model, and give them examples of the value. As blackbook values are not able to judge availability of a car or the market demand for them. Hope this helps, cheers!

This is why you insure old, worthless (book value) cars for appraised value.