Insurance book value of 240sx

I’m curious as to what the book value of an s13 or s14 is nowadays… anyone know what standards insurance companies use to determine the value of our nissans?

Blue book? black book?

What is an s13 (lets say 1992) valued at currently?
and s14 (lets say a 1995)?

i know that a 1995 s14 is somewhere from 900-3500, depends on condition

1000 s13

http://autos.msn.com/kbb/default.aspx

Its in the states but, if your car is mint never winter driven use 90210 zip or if its been in salt 14203 for Buffalo. I think it takes it into account.

http://autos.msn.com/kbb/trim.aspx?type=retail&tid=13463&zip=90210&o=&ucmmake=Nissan&ucmmodel=240SX&make=Nissan&model=240SX&year=1997&trim=SE%20Coupe%202D

:smiley:

Pretty sure there is a thread every year on this. Search/

I already did and there isn’t much info about value and the standard insurance goes by (if any) or its pretty vague. The states goes by the blue book I believe, what does Ontario go by?

I guess the people that have written off 240s would know best… anyone?

last year i got 5000$ for my 89 coupe, it was flat black and i got the car back.

Ontario goes by black book, and depending on which insurance company you are with as well. I was a vehicle analyst for the past couple years for an insurance company (Aviva). What we would do in the event of a total loss vehicle is find comparibles in the open market, make adjustments for options and mileage differences.
We would always print off blackbooks market value for every claim, however, blackbook always seems to be $500-$1000 off on each settlement calculated. have the passwords to blackbook and can easily find out the value of the 240sx right now as per blackbook, but in terms of true market value, you would have to find comparibles in the open market and do some calculations yourself.

Forgot to mention that blackbook only goes dates back about 12 years online, so you would only be able to retrieve 1997 model values and up.

For example, a 1997 Kouki is worth:
Wholesale: $2950 (150,000km and standard transmission, considered average condition)
Retail: $4525 (same as above)

So as you can see, blackbook does not take into account the actual condition of the vehicle, nor does it recognize the true market value of the vehicle. (Market value being what one is willing to pay for the vehicle).

There you have it folks, blackbook values give you a rough idea, but if you’re looking for a definitive number, look elsewhere

that’s a nice deal

insurance is like mafia, you pay us we protect you… or else you diiiiee

What the MTO says an S14 is worth-not sure what they use to determine the value

900 wholesale
and somewhere between 26-2900 retail (trying to remebrr off the top of my head.)

depends on how heavy it is lol lol lol

jk. if you have all the receipt for the mods you have… then you ll get more :smiley:

i got paid 2000 when i wrote off my 1989 and it was in rough shape

Tons of great info… thanks

I had a friend that had his 1994 accord with a shitload of kms written off recently and they gave him 4k, They tried to lowball him at first but he turned down their first offer. Its good to know at least the standard they use to prevent lowballing heh… those evil evil people.

my insurance company said mines worth 4G’s since the repair bill was $3500… but if i tried to sell mine id be lucky to get 4G’s!!!