accident

Got into a accident sometime last week.some idiot rear ended me and f***ed my left fender.went to the collision center and called my insurance company.I made a report and got it appraised for $1100.that’s more then the value of the car without repairs and mods.should I have them write it off and keep my car?or should I cancel the claim and repair it my self?since its a lot cheaper to fix on my own then it is to have my insurance go up.need everyone’s opinion.

Repair it (insurance)?
Cancel claim and repair it my self?
Write it off keep my car and take the money?

option 3

if its cheap to fix, then write it off!!

write off.
ride a rocket for a bit.
get your self a newer 240sx.

Thanks guys

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

After writing it off it will be a “salvaged” title?in order to keep and drive my car I must have it changed from salvaged to rebuilt title? Will my insurance premium go up?

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

So do I need to re brand it if I am keeping my car,or only when I’m selling it?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

So do I need to re brand it if I’m keeping my car?or only when I am selling it?

Just because the insurance company writes it off doesn’t mean it will have a salvaged title.

if you got rear ended you shouldnt be fault. why would your rates increase?

i’m not sure why they dont apply a brand to the title in all cases but that IS true. However, if you go through the proper process you likely will have a branded title. That shouldonly matter to you if there is value in the chassis beyond the parts. It sounds like there isnt.

if they write it off you should get more than $1,100. You should get the replacement value of the car. I got $3,200 for my S13 coupe a few years back.

cancelling the claim is likely not possible with most insurance companies. They may have it logged on your record already and it cannot be removed since you’ve already had an appraisal done.

Thanks for the input

I thought when u wrote off the car the insurence company buys it off you and they scrap the car…that’s what happened to my civic…they bought the car off me when it was “written off”

brand relates to structural damage… usually

lift up the carpet and check the seams for buckling and or broken spot welds/shifted panels…

when my S14 was written off (no brand) I bought it back for %10(IIRC) of the total write off value…+ deductible…

Wrote off my Green S13, I bought it back for $1100, and they gave me back $4500.

I paid a little over half of that.

My rates did not increase, since I wasn’t at fault what so ever.

prob safe to assume he will listen to a buddy and will probably get nothing, like most of the people that ask this question,

Fight for your money, and time.

Don’t let them take you for shit!

If it is truly not your fault.

Will write it off and buy it back since I already spent so much on mods and repairs