Faaaaack.....Bad News........

I am saddened to report that the ultra clean 93 240, that I just dumped a ton of $$$$ into is probably no more.

Yesterday around 3pm, I was travelling down Brock street in pickering to go get my sparco seat bases from fedex, and some dude left turns right in front of me as I entered the intersection as the light turned yellow. Faaaaack!

My new carbon hood, my new duraflex body kit, and the front of the car is basically gone back to the front wheels. I have a pic, of it on the back of the tow truck, but the memory of this is still too fresh to post. Rad was pushed back into the engine…you get the picture. Faaaack. I have fresh $1800 coilovers on, brand spankin new one piece driveshaft, and too many other mods to list.

Faaaack…They haven’t written it off yet, adjuster will look at it Monday or Tues, but i’m fairly sure that they won’t try to fix it.

Guess i’m going to be looking for a new ride shortly…

doing a little looking around, and everybody seems to want every dime they ever put into their cars back in the selling price.

well when i wrote off my done up 240 they offered me 2200 then for 100$ less i could have the car back sound like you wont have destroyed all of your parts so you could transplant a lot of them to a new chassis

Never take the first cashed offered price and sorry to hear about the loss.

how bad is the damage, chop it and put crash bars

like this

sorry to hear that man. sounds like an other sexy 240 is gone good luck with it.

yeah thats easy, throw in the LS too, should be an overnight job lol

Well, just got charged with fail to stop on amber. the cop that gave me the ticket is telling me to fight it cause its hard to make it stick.

other guy got charged with improper left turn.

Sounds like im gonna have a fight with the insurance company. Gotta get the car out of the towing yard asap.

get a ride is a a hole lol lol lol

ps: you were going straight threw the light and you still got a ticket? wtf that cop must b a retard… do they have a proof you went threw the yellow? if not you should of told em no from the start

He didn’t want to give me a ticket, but his supervisor said due to the severity of the accident, that both parties should be charged, so he had no choice.

He insstructed me to fight the ticket, as the one he gave me is very hard to prove. I was beyond the “point of no return” and it was impossible for me to stop safely, so I proceeded.

Apparently, there is a witness that said he heard a “revving engine” from my car, which they will try to pin on me. This is brock road just north of Hwy 2 at 3pm on a very busy saturday afternoon. there were cars all over the place. I have a manual, and I did not downshift, i did not accelerate. They must have heard another car thinking it was me. I have a KA with STOCK exhaust. Haven’t upgraded it yet since i have been thinking sr20 swap. I doubt they heard me.

PS- the car has a small ripple in the roof and the doors are hard to open. I think the car is totally fuc*ed.

the other driver should’ve watched your car weight distribution b4 going, but if u have coilovers then its a little harder to fight cus they can say that they made ur car hard to tell if it was braking or going

^^^
Ya right. Like that could be used.

Left turn is at fault unless there are multiple witnesses that can say you ran a RED.

^ what he said. Fight that case hard, clearly ur not at fault. And buy your car back, you can probably still salvage alot of the parts of it.

pic?

Exactly what happened to me this summer, was turning left, guy ran a red. I had a witness so i was in the clear, in your case it would be pretty hard to prove that he’s at fault without any witnesses.

oh, I mean’t in insurance company lol, not the official case. worth fighting for, for sure.

Before:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22493[/ATTACH]
After:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22494[/ATTACH]

Hurts to see that picture.

I guess although close to 5000 has been spent and tons of hours on it since buying, i guess its lucky that more hasnt been done yet, including rims and alot of other stuff.

I’ve got racing buckets, slides, type x lights and other stuff that isn’t installed yet.

That thing on top of the engine is whats left of the duraflex front bumper. Hard to tell what it is anymore. Guess its not as flexible as they claim…

u hit decently hard this is what mine looked like after a brand new bmw ran a stop sign and i hit them doing about 45-50 …i was braking hard once i saw them though so i was prob going a lot slower

[http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/m_wolfenden/IMG00022-20091012-1733-1.jpg[/IMG]"]

]([IMG)

[http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/m_wolfenden/IMG00021-20091012-1733.jpg[/IMG]"]

]([IMG)

damn. Thats what a accident on the street looks like in a 240 eh, my shit was soft.

im wondering 240pimp did u have the crash bar installed at the time of the collision?