Red Deer Car Show August 7th, 2004 UPDATED!

Sorry gentlemen but it looks like I wont be attending :cry:

Iā€™ll just copy and paste what I wrote on 780.

Since nobody else has been definite Iā€™ll put it up there.

For those wanting to cruise down from Edmonton, we will meet and Gateway Park(the information center just south of the city on Hwy.2) at 8:30-8:45am. Please try to be on time or early as we will be leaving with or without you at 9:00am. Bring your FRS radios, cameras, camcorders, etc.

For anyone who canā€™t find the place or needs to get ahold of the group for any other reason, you can reach me on my cell at 720-2365, the name is Matt.

Iā€™ll be mounting my camcorder in the car to get some good cruising video(no weaving in and out of traffic cones people, heh), and of course I will have the cameras along as well.

Letā€™s have some fun people!

Chromey

P.S. Try and post up here if youā€™re going to be coming along so we have an idea how many people weā€™re waiting on.

Doesnā€™t look like Iā€™m going to be able to make it. Youā€™ll all understand why later on lol.

Did something go boom? Or did MR. UPS drop off something new?

A little from column A and a little from Column B. lol.

Me and phat240 (Jamie) will be comming down a little later. We will probably be leaving Edmonton at like 11am. So we will be missing out on the cruise but will see you guys down there.

The show was not too bad. There were a mix of cars from the old muscle to a mini with some honda engine with a turbo.<ā€”that car was crazy.
As for the nissans, Chromedragon had his Z and was showing off the NECC stickers and there was that crazy 350zx with the VS kit and the nos and the 29 speaker stereo<ā€“(I asked and he showed me)ā€¦Me and Jamie talked to the owner who invested $150,000 in it and said that he got it up to 270km on the way up!! Believe what you want, but he did say that he would be at the track after he breaks the car in. A couple other stock Z33ā€™s where there too. As for the rest of you, you missed out!! Oh and Dru, you would have lost the mullet trophie badly!! :lol:

Ohh for real? I had one mean mullet before I got it cut the other day :wink: ā€¦ By the way whats a Z33?

By the way whats a Z33?[/quote]

Itā€™s a 350Z.

Mike, itā€™s not a 350zx. lol.

Thatā€™s the dude that I told you all about on the spotted a ride section. lol. There was also a greddy TT kit under the hood.

:shock:

he got it up to 270km on the way up!! Believe what you want, but he did say that he would be at the track after he breaks the car in.

I think if heā€™s doing 270km/hr, heā€™s not waiting until he breaks the car in :slight_smile:

• Mike

:shock:[/quote]

No actually his dad invested $150,000 into his sonā€™s car. The dad is the one who walked in after and wrote the check. lol.

Spent I think is a better word choice than invested. Unless that vehicle is making him money.

:shock:[/quote]

No actually his dad invested $150,000 into his sonā€™s car. The dad is the one who walked in after and wrote the check. lol.[/quote]

Wowā€¦ the guy blows a brand new VQ engineā€¦ no big deal, Daddy pays for another one.

Unbelievableā€¦ :roll:

By the way whats a Z33?[/quote]

Itā€™s a 350Z.

Mike, itā€™s not a 350zx. lol.

Thatā€™s the dude that I told you all about on the spotted a ride section. lol. There was also a greddy TT kit under the hood.[/quote]

HAHAHAā€¦man I was staring at what I wrote for like a minute beause I thought something looked wrongā€¦just goes to show you what 14 hour/day job does to me.

Ohh, and yes I did forget to say that there was a TT in it with along with some other cooling crap that looks like nos and im sure you all will see this car at some show sooner or later.

And about that 270km thing, he said he didnā€™t just pin it, it took him like 10 min to reach that speed. So therefore the max 80km for first 1,000kms rule doesnā€™t count :roll:

I believe his vehicle will be making him money from sponsors. He plans to have it in magazines and show it off so im sure that the major players (VS, JIN, and whatever stereo he used, etc) will toss him a cheque once this happens

Who IS this guy?? Did he just come on to the Edmonton scene (with his rich Dad) out of nowhere, or has he been around for a while? Does he/they represent a business (and car related)? Or is he just some spoiled kid thatā€™s getting major help to fulfill some dream (like being in a magazine)?

You canā€™t just build a car like this over night and expect everything to be perfect off the bat. A lot of the feature cars you see in the big magazines took years to complete. This guy sounds like heā€™s just throwing money as fast as he can at his ā€œprojectā€, and lookā€¦ heā€™s already blown a motor. Whatā€™s next?

Anyway, canā€™t wait to hear about the dyno results, and first bud park appearance.

Yeah, he basically just built the car for show. All he wants to do is put it in shows and get some money from the sponsors he is planning on getting from the products used on his car. Apparently he already has one, who paid for the trip to Winnipeg for another car show.

Literally he came out of no where and just built the car.

I donā€™t see anything ā€œspecialā€ about the car. Open up any car mag and there are a bunch of done up 350Z. He is acting as though his is something crazy special and one off. Maybe in Edmonton, but thats about it. You canā€™t compete with the dudes in Japan and in the states. He also has next to no interior done on it, so he lacks there if he wants to take a ā€œbest of show awardā€.