Red Rocket vs. Hometown Hero

Nice man!

Ahhh my thread is close to dying.

Well, I guess the main updates are

86: Went home started up (after tinkering with the “trim pots” in the Megasquirt) drove around for a while, then went to put it into a storage and right when we get off the highway it starts bucking wildly and dies when coming off idle. I couldn’t fix the problem even after playing with the tune and turning the pots again. We push it with an explorer and break the tail lights and center garnish as well as adding a big dent. When I get back tomorrow I’m going to try fixing it, but I believe the cold temperature is giving the megasquirt’s VR (rpm) sensor a hard time. I also think it may have something to do with warm-up enrichment or egr correction (O2 sensor), things that are heat dependent, since the engine didn’t get warm until we got on the highway.

240: sitting in storage with Tony. Going to get new rear break pads and rocker arm stoppers in Feb when I pick it up. Maybe a hydraulic e-break if the new pads don’t fix the ebrake sucking.

biggest news: I’ve been talking to a future co-worker who just got a job with engine research. He drives a VQ swapped S14 and just got his Formula D license. His friend who drives the RWD element also got a job in ER1. Looks like I’ll be learning a lot from these guys.

http://wreckedmagazine.com/dennis/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/normal_img_7859-2.JPG

Sucks about the 86 man!

But your future job sounds like it’s going to be lots of fun!

cool cars, nice mods.

Thanks, Mafdark. Definitely same to you. Are you going to be at any of the SCCA autoX’s this spring?

Steve, yeah it really really sucks. I can’t figure it out.

Anyways, biggest update yet. The 240 is for sale.

So what’s the next move? Going with Honda to show some corporate love?

Where you at by the way, you’re not in the US now right?

I was in AUS visiting family. Skylines, Holden Commodores, Ford Falcons and S15s everywhere.

No, if Honda had some more affordable/practical RWD platforms.
Plan A: IS300
Plan B: WRX

*edit btw Lani says hi.

Cool plan. I figured you were in the East somewhere due to the time you posted. Tell Lani I said hi too.

Oh, and IS300 is a great choice. I’d definitely go with that over the WRX- you see a lot less of them around, and even fewer modified ones.

But seriously, four doors? Are you turning into an old man already? Haha

Well, if I went WRX I’d have a little trick up my sleeve… hush hush for now

No I was already back by then, but I was sooooooo jetlagged.

pains me to think about it.

Uhhhhhh… news. Remember that 5spd 92 325i I was going to buy for $500… my roommate said he sold it. He just told me it was still at his house when he went back for break and they guy never picked it up. So I’m going to pick that up for $500!!!

Oh noes I’m joining the e36 whores

Sweet… Guess I’ll be seeing that bad boy when I swing to the shop next time. You gonna teach Lani the clutch kick on that thing? Haha

That’s the plan.

However, I guess it might not happen… I have no way to register it, parents aren’t in WA and neither am I. Truly disappointing. Such a steal.

Any takers?

How many miles? what’s wrong with it? pics?

K archie has first dibs.

92’ 325i 5spd. Black interior and exterior. Grey plastic bumpers. It has heated seats which makes me believe it has the cold weather package, meaning it would have an LSD.

Bad: There is a rip in the driver seat, and the driver’s interior door trim is coming off.

It’s on Long Island. I’d bring it up if someone wants it. I’ll update when I get pictures/miles.

**128,xxx miles

So someone has offered a 2001 5spd IS300 with a few mods. +1000 cash on my end.

So I may have to sell the 240 :(. We’ll see. I have to fix the heat and limiter first. (Just bought a blower motor for heat) hell even if he backs out its a good excuse to fix the heat!

Just for kicks, and since now I know some of my friends lurk on Shift, here is my IED project a car camera mount. Can’t wait to use if for AutoX/our drift events.

And here’s some video from it. Just dicking around in the snow.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/Englshmadesimple/240sx/th_IED_project_video.jpg

Dude I like the camera mount!

Love it

Well shit so I think I did a bad job presenting it, so shit. But thanks, I put some work into it. Yeah and the arm length is adjustable, so if you want it to be more steady then just use the shorter arm.

And worse, I’m pretty sure the IS300 guy backed out. Well double shit. I’ve ordered a heater blower motor :(. So I’m not crying wolf anymore, when things actually happen then I’ll update.

Sucks to hear about the IS… Flaky sellers FTL!

Isn’t it early in the sem to make IED presentations? Or was this a preliminary design review or whatnot? How many people in your group? Looked like you were doing all the work in the shop bud.

nice simple design dude. looks sweet. how much?