RedVengeAPX's 4G63T awd swapped Dodge Avenger

Well thought I would share what I have been working on for the past 2.5 years. It’s finally all coming together now and I hope to be driving it this summer. First off I’ll just start with a list of mods

Evo 3 16g turbo and o2 housing
660cc injectors
wally 255
e.t.s. fmic
fluidyne radiator
DNP tubular exhaust manifold
3" turbo back/HKS cat-back
couple others but you get the idea

Keep in mind that the avenger and the 2g dsm’s are just about the same sub frame design just the avenger is a little bit long in the front, so I had more room up front in the engine bay to work with. Not much maybe about 2" and the back is longer because it’s a trunk vs hatch, there is maybe a 4" difference in the wheel base of the cars. I started out with a stock 2.5l v6 fwd and an autotragic transmission. Picked up a wrecked 95 Talon Tsi from West Virginia for $800.
I am NOT a photographer by any means so if the quality isn’t to great I apologize.

I rewired the entire car front to back, I tried to keep the avenger rear wiring for the tail lights the same but after running into to many problems I just gave in and used the dsm wiring. The dashboards are the same between the 2 cars the only major difference is the cluster and the rear
wiper on the hatch.

This entire project was needless to say a wiring nightmare for me. Many fuses were blown before I found out the cause of the problems, but now I can have the dashboard In and out real quick with minimal left over parts each time.

This was the first day the car had been out of its home in over a year and a half. Yes my duct tape holding the wiring harness is gone. Check out the cleverly placed shop towels so you can’t see the custom side motor mount that had to be made.

We seem to be missing something here, oh yes a drive shaft. I ended up taking a recommendation and going to fleet pride. I think I payed just under a $100 for the work they did and it looked great.

At this point it was starting to look less like a big fuster cluck and more like a car. I went with just a small 25x7x3" front mount, said it was rated for 450hp and I wasn’t looking to even be around that so it was sufficient enough.

Now everything was starting to come together real nice. who knew disaster would strike. Next few pics will be just the drive shaft and how well it will it fits but leaves no room for an exhaust pipe lol.

This is kind of what it looks like as of now, maybe a few things are in different spots but that’s about it

This is how it sits as of now, I’m just waiting for my down pipe and ECM Link to arrive, also I’m right in the middle of changing the head gasket. I thought I blew the valve seals so I was going to build the head up a little bit with a set of 272’s but my dumb ass had the turbo feeding off the oil filter housing un-restricted so I had oil pouring out of the exhaust. I am aiming to be hopefully just under 300awhp at 20psi. The motor is a stock 7 bolt. Budget cuts have made me put this on the road before I could finish it to what I wanted it to be, but I sold my ninja and now I really got to finish this car.
Thanks for commenting and enjoy.

wow. this is sweet!

so the mounts for the rear end and driveshaft supports were all there?

I actually have wanted to see this done for a long time. When I was 16ish I thought avengers were pretty sharp looking cars and knew that because the 4cyl was the same as the NA eclipse there was SOME hope the AWD turbo could be swapped in…

:tup:

more pics!

WOW

this is an awesome swap!!!

:tup:… and you are done before an E30 RB26 WITHOUT the AWD

That’s cool, Avengers look awesome.

Awesome job Adam :tup: I remember when you told me about this that night at Tonawanda Lanes, sad to hear the bike had to go, but that is going to be an awesome car

Mistsu motor, dodge car, camaro SS hood :lol:

very interesting swap and nice sleeper!

The rear end I used the back 2 mounts from the fwd rear sub frame because they bolted right into the the same location but the front 2 I had to find and drill them out. I also used the sub frame bolts from the awd car because they are longer so I also had to find a way to support them in there for more stability which was a lot of cutting with the donor car

woah! huge :tup: will be quite the sleeper

Sweet build Adam. You did a nice job, major props. Hope to see you out this summer. Btw it’s Ali(nytalontsi).

Is 4g63t really the engine code, or is it just 4g63?

4g63t is the turbo engine and 4g63 is the n/t that came in the na 1g’s.

Who cares about an exhaust, do a side exit :slight_smile:

nice job

this is sweet :tup:

Cool. Glad to see that the car has been finished. Well i guess a project like that is never really finished but damn good job none the less. :slight_smile:

Cool

curious why you didn’t just a buy a DSM? I would assume it weighs less

Anyways :tup: building a sleeper

Nice work!

just what i was thinking… Probably weigh less/have better resale value/ and imo look much better

Yeah and 3"gm maf, cry-sler headlights, this car is all sorts of confused

Yeah I usually don’t add the T in there but a lot of people for whatever reason don’t see the turbo in there.

lol, I knew I would get this question. Honestly when I started this project I knew I wasn’t getting any money for the car to sell it outright and buy a dsm, so I just did the next best thing. As far as weight goes I don’t think its really to much more overall. I’m keeping the full interior I still want some comforts.

Next mod is going to be lowering springs, struts, sway bars, and Evo 8/9 calipers front and back with the jdm galant steering knuckles