RedVengeAPX's 4G63T awd swapped Dodge Avenger

After reading through what you were taking on as a task and picking up my brains from them blowing all over the floor. I have to say BIG thumbs up for taking on such a task. I can’t wait for vids.

Wow, really sweet project. I always thought the Avengers looked really cool, if only they had some balls under the hood. Nice correction.

Thanks guys, I just got my down pipe and my ECM link in yesterday so I’ve been putting everything back together as quick as I could. I want to be on the road by the end of march.

All I have left to do now is fix some leaks and find somewhere or someone who can help me with getting this exhaust pipe to fit nicely.

side xhaust

Looking foward to seeing this real soon.

This is such an awesome car. Congrats, I want to see a video of it running!!

NO I’m not doing a damn side exhaust. :whip: I already got enough money wrapped up in exhaust as it is.

Vids should be sometime next week, hopefully take it up and down the road a few times before they catch me ridin dirty, who needs tags and reg anyway:tup:

Nothing to exciting yet but I got it running yesterday, finally got the exhaust all bolted up, It’s a 3" turbo I managed to fit an HKS cat-back on with out to many issues, it does however sit a little lower than I wanted so I won’t be able to drop the car 2" like I had planned. The HKS was about 15" to short so I just made one long test pipe aka “full flow cat” I’m going to try and get some video tomorrow I just got to fix a small coolant leak at the t-stat and tighten the oil return line.

The wheels in the background is my current ride, bad 1/4 mile time but good mpg

Looks sweet, Adam :tup:

I got your pm…very nice dude!! Looking forward to the vids.

very cool car i need to see this thing in action

god damn change that fucking oil pan

very cool and different build. Did u paint the muffler and exhaust flat black?

Yeah the oil pan was going to be on the list, The plan is to beat around this 7 bolt for awhile and then build a 2.3 stroker

LXI, the down pipe came from Road Race Engineering painted with the flat black and the muffler is an HKS carbon Ti can, if I can ever get the car started to get a video it sounds pretty good.

The car is running great now, I’ve taken it for a few cruises up the road and back but nothing really major because it has no plates or insurance.

A couple of the problems I had were because 1. apparently I never put the balance shaft bolt back into the block and it blew oil all over the place. 2. I put the wrong size bolt into the bs and then threw off the timing and bent 8 valves on the intake side :tdown: But the reason it would never want to start was because I was a dumb ass and put the valves in backwards. So a costly stupid mistake later everything is running great. I just have a few small boost leaks to fix and then its time for a tune.

In the mean while I got a great deal on a set of these

So that’s on the list next and I’d like to get the brake swap done before I put it on the road. They have a little bit of peeling but for the price I wasn’t going to complain. Just a few other minor issues I need to work out and I’ll be happy with the car as it is.

I also changed the setup a little bit, I’m not longer venting I’m going to recirc and just use the stock maf. I thought about using speed density but I don’t know to much about it and don’t really want to run something I don’t know. Hopefully get a good running video up soon.

Also big t-up to swerve motorsports for doing the valve cover it looks great and looks even better when the sun hits it, Thanks guys. This is the most recent shot of the engine I have. I had to take a spark plug cover and put almost a gasket around it, right where my scoop is all of the water just drops right into where plugs and wires are and just pools up. All I did was take some vac hose split it and turned out to work great.

glad its coming well after a few minor bumps

woo!!
nice job buddy

Great going Adam!!

How did you manage to put the valves in backwards? If you’d like I can powder coat the calipers for you for a pretty good price so you don’t have to deal with the typical nasty peeling of them.

x2 on how you put them in backwards?