Relocating my wastegate... too far away?

I seem to forced into relocating my wastegate on the alltrac after installing the new turbo. The previous location with the smaller t3 side worked great. Now, with this bastard turbo, the 4bolt T3 housing is bigger than the old 5 bolt T3 housing, making the dump for the wastegate nearly impossible to exit with any room.

What I believe i’m going to have to do is locate the wastegate farther away, down maybe 5-6" away from the manifold. This is my kindergarden rendition of where i want to put the waste gate:

My question is, will this hinder the wastegate’s performance, causing boost creep or anything? I really dont have any other option. I’ll take some pictures of how it sits currently soon.

…and Jay, sorry i haven’t been able to come get those tial gate flanges. I appriciate you holding onto them for me!

id look into making a different dump tube routing before moving the wastegate that far away. why dont you gut off the wastegate flange off the manifold turn it closkwise a little to open up some room to run a dump tube around the turbo. i think putting the wastegate out that far without supporting it is is asking for something to break.

I’d rather try to move the gate than turning the piece on the manifold again. Its just a major PITA to take everything all back off…

If i did move it, making a support bracket wouldn’t be a problem. I’d most likely make a strap that attached the dump pipe and the down pipe together.

check on mr2 oc see what the best idea someone on there would suggest… btw are you still on the shitty tmic or a fmic? what do you have done to that 1st gen motor?

I snooped real quick on MR2OC, but didn’t find anything immediately.

This car does still have the TMIC. . . Trust me though, it is leaving as soon as humanly possible. I’m more waiting to do a 3sge side feed intake, so it’ll all be done at the same time. I might experiment first on the new alltrac.

The motor in the clean alltrac (I just found out) is a freshly rebuilt JDM motor. I assume its all stock inside.