Relocation: Where would you move to?

I moved to Phoenix five years ago and glad that I did. I really like it here. I was able to buy a house with a pool and the summer is tolerable. Finding a decent job was easy. My wife and I have travelled to California quite a bit and Vegas too. I can go skiing right now by driving north in under two hours.

What initially scared me was the cost of home ownership. Buffalo is stuck in a weird spot. Taxes are higher, but the equivalent home costs less.

So cal

N Florida

Austin

Salt lake city

Colorado

Greenville spartanburg is a pretty small area. Try a bigger city.

Bozeman Montana.

San Diego, hands down with out a doubt.

Career wise, Austin, TX is awesome. Young and up and coming city that has been growing since the 80’s.

Dallas, Austin, Anywhere in CA, Anywhere in NC, Anywhere in NoVA(depending on how much you make)

Anywhere between the Rockies and Lake Tahoe. (The Neveda side of Lake Tahoe) Salt Lake City is in the center of all great skiing in the lower 48 so…

I lived in Charleston, SC for 3 years, it was great. Specifically Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island, Mt. Pleasant area. It’s worth looking into.

x…

Ft Lauderdale! I went to college in Boca and loved it. Everytime I walked outside I thought I was on vacation.

Work brought me out to SLC just about a year ago. Overall we like it out here, but there are some SERIOUS bass-ackwards things here; IE: liquor laws and the COMPLETE control the Mormons have over the government (makes the mafia/union control over NY look like amateurs). We haven’t been able to do a lot of “checking the city out” since we moved while Jenn was Prego and we had our son in August. We plan on doing a lot more this upcoming summer. We are not going to settle here though, we’re gonna spend about 4 years here, then start looking elsewhere; probably back east but not sure where yet. A portion of me wants to try and move back where I grew up outside Milwaukee; I love that city.

Dallas/Fort Worth +1

^^That is really disappointing (and strange) to hear how the Mormons control govt.

I was there for work at the end of last month. Lots of cool views but its amazing how powerful that church is. Hell, the city is built with the Temple as the center and streets are like S 100 West by how many blocks from the temple they are and on what side

Oh, it is INSANE the control they have. The state liquor control board has ZERO people who drink on it, no restaurant or bar owners, and they confer with the church for any decisions they make. The rest of the state government is pretty much the same way in regards to having to get the churches “approval” before they make a decision. There’s some crazy lawsuits starting to fly about the separation of church and state out here that are going to get ugly eventually. You would think alcohol was the #1 killer of people in this state so they think they have to “protect the people from this daemon”; but the Meth and prescription drug use here are off the charts, plus I saw one statistic that Utah is the #1 state for anti-depression meds (specifically Utah women).

If you’re an outdoors person this state is great though, hiking, camping, rafting, boating, hunting, biking, etc.

i would probably move to new hampshire if i were to relocate…love it out there and i have family there. weather is actually pretty similar to WNY. i gotta have my winters though(which this winter has put me in quite a pissed off mood lol)

just curious, but how do you see WNY as not having good job opportunity for you? youre in IT and the wifey is in social work, seems like thats a pretty large portion of the employment here…

Going to places on vacation and living in them and trying to live a responsible, adult life and own poperty are two very, very different things.

Wait until you have been living the rat race for 25 years. :wink: You start to revaluate the word “responsible”. :smiley:

I like Austin, wouldn’t move there. Too much UT trash, unless you like to really party. Houston again if I could.

It seems like they don’t control shit in Park City.