Moving cost to N. Carolina

Anyone ever move or know how much it would cost to ship a 2bdr apartments worth of stuff from NY to NC, possibly a car as well.

I’v about had it with this state so I’m thinking this summer its time to move.

1 way budget truck FTW

Be cheaper and easier to do it yourself…Budget/Uhaul/Penske ftw

I’m moving to raleigh this summer :slight_smile: (august)

so let me know when you do lol

we’re gonna have to have a NYSpeed Raleigh meet soon :slight_smile:

I’m officially withdrawing from the Raleigh crew.

Not going to be moving their in March. I burnt that bridge. :roflpicard:

Enjoy Buffalo #2 with warm weather. :tup:

leaving a blue state in favor of red I see :stuck_out_tongue:

good luck man, I wont be too far behind ya. NY is too much these days… I’m absolutely sick of the BS

i will be moving down to NC soon as well.
thinking about taking a road trip down there this weekend

Cost me about $800 total for rental truck, gas, etc to move to BUF from RDU.
Snow melts, but you can’t shovel stupid.
Best of luck, and tell em I said, “howdy y’all.”

If you don’t have furniture it’s fucking great. I started fresh down here.

Between the gf and I: BMW M3, Kia Sorrento.

Clothing, tv, and cat in my car.
Clothing, and random shit in hers.
Purchased bed, couch, and all other necessities day one while here.

Cost to move… about 100 in gas.

Edit. If you do have beds, and furniture already try to sell it all before you go and then start new. If you want to take it with you I recommend 100% hiring guys.
We moved into a new apartment in November and I said fuck carrying/boxing shit and hired 3 “workers” to get the job done while I was in Chicago.

quote of the day!!!

You are going to be so fucked as a NYS union worker moving to a red state. Please stay active on the board because the stories are going to be amazing.

dude, if youre still teaching prepare for a 50% cut in salary and a class full of kids that would be considered special ed here.

from a buffalo school? It’ll probably be a pretty smooth transition :stuck_out_tongue:

The education from the south is ridiculous, Seriously there is people in the south who dont knowwhat titanic is/was, and I dont mean the movie.

is there really?
I take it you grew up there :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Tom,
Thanks for letting me know that you were moving…DICK!

I knew anyway because Karen had it on FB…You actually going to go this time or is this the same thing we see every spring? Just make sure you have job before you go and don’t forget about my wedding :wink:

Salary step is pretty much the same from what I’m used to. I have held nothing but long-term teaching jobs now for a while and instead of hiring people most districts tend to cut back here due to population decline.

I also used to work in Buffalo, so I know what its like to have huge classes. I taught 47 student freshman class at Mckinley HS.

Yeah we made the decision over the weekend to basically give up finding permanent work here. We kept saying “if it doesn’t work out there is always NC” I already have my certification for down there, they eat up NYS Cert teachers.

I know most of you say one way rental, but thats a long ass drive that I don’t feel too comfortable doing in a moving truck. I also might be transporting a car. I would rather leave it to the “pros” you know, help the economy a little.

I did it in a 15 foot truck no problem, but it’s up to you. It is not really that far. My sister drove on her move to san diego.

There are transport/moving companies that will haul the stuff for you. You just have to load and unload the truck. I’ve never done it but a friend recently moved a house load from here to Atlanta and said that the price was around $500. It was going to be around $900 to drive a U-Haul truck down.