Relocation: Where would you move to?

Park City they have a little less control over, but the booze laws are state wide… thus the limits on % alcohol on draft beer 3.2 by weight (~4.0 by volume), electronic pour control on all liquor, Only way you can mix drinks at a restaurant is hidden from the customer (There are some places grandfathered into this; or they have a bar liquor license), from a visitors viewpoint it may not seem as bad, but it’s still heavily controlled.

Ive been in Phx for almost 5 years now, wouldnt move back to buffalo for anything.

The first time I was in Park Shitty it seemed worse than the last time I was there. Maybe the laws have loosened a bit. :gotme:

Colorado last week had beer in the liquor store. :gotme:

On my trip to Indiana this week I found hard liquor at Rite aid and the way back in Ohio I saw wine at a gas station. lol
There has got to be a country song called “Gas station wine”.lol

I find myself unable to answer without knowing the job (how much I liked it) and how many becks it made. Overall I’m pretty happy with Rochester in general.

Booze laws loosened about 3 years ago, got rid of the “private clubs” that used to be required to serve booze.

And I MISS being able to go to a good liquor store, or gas station or grocery store and getting alcohol. I’m gonna start taking trips out of state to ID, WY, or NV for booze trips once I move next month… the cost and variety is so much better out of state.

San Diego sounds great, but the cost of living is pretty high. I have no first hand experience with this, just things I read online, but the average home price is around $500K in San Diego County, just something to think about.

San Diego/California or Albuquerque for sure. Looking for jobs there as I type this…

I enjoy seeing alot of San Diego responses in this thread, that is one of my considerations as well, can transfer there with work.

I was discussing this with my counter parts in Santa Barbara today and holy balls they have some high rent.

$1600 for a 2bdr couple blocks from the beach
$2500 for a 3bdr near the beach

You can buy beer at grocery/convenience stores but it is a lower alcohol content than what you get at the liquor store.

And the house prices are fucking crazy in CA. My Sister-in-Law just bought a house last year; 5 bedroom, 4 1/2 bath, ~4500 sqft, in Sherman Oaks (right by Studio City); 1.4 Million!!!

Raleigh/Durham/RTP is my #1.

I also like DC/Nova, NoCal in the valley or SoCal near LA

Just got back from mountain biking in shorts…not bad for mid-february

NC ftw

I relocated from Buffalo to Milwaukee this past month due to work and it was a really good move. Milwaukee is surprisingly awesome and I’ve already been able to make a few friends (thanks Midwesterners). Moving completely alone has been an interesting process, full of ups and downs. Having Chicago so close is really a great treat, but Milwaukee has enough going on that going there is really only necessary to visit friends. Weather really doesn’t bother me, although I’m grateful that it’s a bit more sunny here than in Western NY.

My company is expanding in South America and Europe, so at some point I will likely be asked to work abroad. I’m looking forward to living in another country. :slight_smile:

I LOVE WEST PALM BEACH!! every day here is a vacation. The people here are awesome and opportunities galore. As a result of the constant nice weather and sunshine, i’ve been super motivated and gotton much more healthy. Eventhough i own property in Hamburg, i’ll keep it as a summer home. Besides that, i will NEVER return to Buffalo to live. Kinda pissed at myself for not leaving NY sooner.

Prior to choosing WPB, i was looking into San Diego and Orange County, but was too far away from family for me and as a business owner, i don’t want to deal with California laws and taxes. It would have been a move from Bad to Worse.

Phoenix is amazing… some of the most beautiful girls in the country… nice weather… you’ll have to deal with 100+ temps in the summer but IMO 110 dry heat >>>> 90 and humidity.
Also, housing in Arizona is really really cheap… and the state is really free (gun/vehicle laws)
Plus, Pheonix is close to Vegas,Lake Havasu and San Diego/L.A

San Diego and LA are amazing places…to visit… it’s expensive as hell to live there though

lol I don’t think i heard one NE location…

SE or FW FL
TX Austin or Dallas
NM Albuquerque or Santa Fe
AZ Phoenix
CO Denver or Colorado Springs

So one thing that is worth mentioning is that when you are relocating you should be very aware of travel costs and time. I find it extremely convenient that I am within reasonable driving distance to both of our hometowns.

Wife’s sister lives in FL and has a bitch of a time finding reasonable flights to get home for holidays. Travelling for xmas is expensive, other times of the year it’s not much of an issue. Also, travelling from the west coast is takes up a lot of travel time and requires you to use up vacation days.

Keep all of that in mind when you’re thinking about relocation. San Diego is a nice place. But that puts you REALLY far from your family.

we should get together in a few weeks if you feel like slumming it in Pompano :slight_smile:

Exactly, but Colorado also has drive through liqour stores that are open (in some places) until 1am. I lived in Ft. Collins for a brief period, was awesome out there.

Utah is fucking insane. I seriously hate that state. Got into soooo much trouble out there between the alcohol laws and the state HATING car people.

SLC in the middle of the night is pretty funny though, pretty much deserted. 5 lane drifts in M5’s outside the Westin… hahahaha.